Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On longish journeys it looks like I'll have to take a nap in the back seat for a half hour or so. I know I can put the car in Utility mode and keep the Hvac going and lock it from the button on the drivers front. But what if I want to lie in the back. I can't see a way of locking the car from the back. Any solutions?

·
Registered
290 Posts
On longish journeys it looks like I'll have to take a nap in the back seat for a half hour or so. I know I can put the car in Utility mode and keep the Hvac going and lock it from the button on the drivers front. But what if I want to lie in the back. I can't see a way of locking the car from the back. Any solutions?
Recline the drivers seat and reach over from the back?

·
Registered
150 Posts
  • Starting in drivers seat .....
  • Open rear window
  • get out of car
  • lock car
  • climb in rear window
  • close window
Same steps in reverse to get back in front.

: D

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha, interesting suggestions. I'll see about the reclining option, in fact I might try to push it on with my Walking stick. Unfortunately the fragility that has led to my needing to rest en route would also make climbing through the window even more unlikely. 😄

·
Registered
150 Posts
Ah, apologies for my silly reply. I hadn't really understood your predicament until now.

I guess trying to reach the button in the front from the back is your best bet.

Once the car is locked, I guess you wont be able to get out again unless you can successfully reach the button again. That might be a bit inconvenient.

I guess you've tried sleeping in the front seat with it fully reclined? I've found that better than the back seat in some cars, although I guess that depends how you nap the best.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ah, apologies for my silly reply. I hadn't really understood your predicament until now.

I guess trying to reach the button in the front from the back is your best bet.

Once the car is locked, I guess you wont be able to get out again unless you can successfully reach the button again. That might be a bit inconvenient.

I guess you've tried sleeping in the front seat with it fully reclined? I've found that better than the back seat in some cars, although I guess that depends how you nap the best.
No problem, made me laugh so can't be bad. Interestingly it looks like you can unlock each individual door so no issue with that. It's a bit of a faff, I was hoping the keys would do the job and they will but not in Utility mode. Front seat I find okay for a rest but the back seat is nice and comfy for a real kip imo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts