Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
ID.3 1st Edition
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is there any way of moniyering the charging of the car as we dont have access to an app on the Niro PHEV

·
Premium Member
11,676 Posts

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
I dont know what the NIro is like, but with the Soul I look out my window and if I'm blinded by the blue lights I know its still charging.
Also, surely its only going to take an hour or two to charge so just wait two hours and job done.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
This is more of an issue when away from home. Very useful to know your car is still charging okay when you’ve left it on a public charger. Mainly peace of mind but you can possibly intervene if it’s not.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Also when using an unfamiliar public charger it is good to know when the charge is finished so that you can free up the charger for someone else to use.

Reactions: JeJ

·
Registered
1,228 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,676 Posts

·
Registered
ID.3 1st Edition
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I cannot seem to get the car to charge on scheduled charging. It is not a problem for now but i am planning on changing to an Eco 7 rate to get cheaper charging overnight. I am using a Zappi as my home charger and i the car set for departure at 7 am. I have the option set for scheduled charge.
Just plugged in and it started charging straight away. Any ideas?

·
Registered
ID.3 1st Edition
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Still having issues will call the dealer tomorrow. Was true ng to to charge immediately at the Park and Ride earlier to day and it kept coming back with charger error. Got home to plug.in for scheduled chage and it started straight away. It is doing the exact opposite of what i want/need it to do!

To add insult to i jury i have managed to get curb rash on the plastic wheel cover on the passanger front wheel on the way home as well. Not a good day today.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts