Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the last few days "Summon" has refused to connect. Everything else on the App works (Charge level, start stop, lock/unlock, horn, lights etc).
Even when standing right next to the car with handles extended, and when using either WiFi or 3G on my Android phone.

All I get is this screen, which is nonsense as it must be connected to do all the other things???
Product Text Orange Font Technology

·
Registered
2016 Tesla Model S70; 2021 Renault Zoe R135.
468 Posts
I don't try regularly but couldn't get it to work yesterday. I put it down to the fact that it would have been genuinely useful since I was in a tight spot and it was raining heavily. Summon never works for me in such circumstances. My car is 3G and the (Android) phone was on "H" which I think means somewhere between 3G and 4G.

In my case the app initially said it couldn't connect to the car which is never a good sign (I have "always connected" off to reduce power drain but am considering changing the setting). After restarting the app it eventually connected (I was standing in the rain, glowering at the unlocked car while it was "trying to wake the car") and it did let me initiate Summon but immediately failed without the car moving (or even making some "firing up" noises).

I read some discussion that it doesn't seem very reliable if both the car and phone are on the same WiFi network but you've already tried alternatives so that's no help either!

Anecdotally I think it may have worked better when TeslaLog was active which is why I'll be trying the "always connected" setting.

Connectivity issues aside I speculate that the car has a number of different systems which need to be roused/awake for Summon to work, whereas the app probably only needs a subset to report the car status (e.g. sometimes it reports internal temperature, sometimes not).

So in summary I've been of no help but I feel better for sharing my own frustrations :)

·
schlussel
387 Posts
Royz, I have found that when my phone is connected to the Blackvue WiFi, it is NOT keen to connect the car via the app. Airplane mode quickly solves this, then Summons works fine. Only happened a couple of times, so not significant, but worth a try perhaps.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Royz, I have found that when my phone is connected to the Blackvue WiFi, it is NOT keen to connect the car via the app. Airplane mode quickly solves this, then Summons works fine. Only happened a couple of times, so not significant, but worth a try perhaps.
Yes - but it was ONLY summon that would not connect - all other functions connected & worked fine - anyway fixed now thanks

·
Registered
108 Posts
Royz,

Same here ... all functions in the app work except summon which reports the same problem as you are experiencing. I am just doing an OS update so will test again after that.

Graham

·
Registered
108 Posts
New OS 2.24.30 installed and Summon works fine now. It might just have been due to the reboot post OS install though ..

Graham

Reactions: Royz
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.