Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If so what did you think of the offer, I'm awaiting one now, I'm preparing myself for "Low". Did anybody get "Very Low" or "Fair" offers?

It would certainly make the transition painless, but I'm guessing that they'll make you pay for that.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope your joking, or at least a typo and you missed off a 0.
£50 really?
Possibly I should prepare myself for "Unbelievably Low".

·
Registered
251 Posts
I got offered £125 for something I sold for £600 and £1200 for 118d which the GF got.

On the subject of piss taking, Tesla offered £26k for my SR+ , so no LR upgrade for me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm trading a 2009 Volvo '59 plate V70 for a Model 3 LR FSD Towhitch White/Prem White and they've offered a massive £2000 trade-in. :(

Mind you the last Volvo I traded in at a Volvo dealership (for newer second-user Volvo) that I'd had for a long time only got a £2500 trade-in) so a similar ball-park.
(I'm used to being robbed like that I guess)
However, being deaf, trying to sell privately would be more trouble than its worth for me.

On the plus side - the trade-in mechanism also means I use the Volvo right up to the point that it's swapped - so no period of not having a car and no need to store a second car for trying to sell later.

·
Registered
251 Posts
That is crazy low 🤦‍♂️

Out of interest, what price would they have had to offer for you to upgrade?
I hadn't really thought about it and just wondered what they value it at.

Privately they seem to disappear very quickly at £37k on autotrader.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I hope your joking, or at least a typo and you missed off a 0.
£50 really?
Possibly I should prepare myself for "Unbelievably Low".
Yep really !
May be an edge case though. Car was a 2007 model, but only 50k miles.
Seems like offers vary though. See what they say.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I got offered £125 for something I sold for £600 and £1200 for 118d which the GF got.

On the subject of piss taking, Tesla offered £26k for my SR+ , so no LR upgrade for me.
Did you try webuyanycar.com

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well the quotes are in, and I'm sad to say that Tesla's was the lowest of all, the best was Motorway at a full £2500 higher than Tesla. What saddens me most of all, is that in order to offer their customers a "service" they could associate themselves with WBAC, Evals Halshaw, Motorway or any car buying group, but instead they appear to need to make a (sizeable) profit on trade ins, at the expense of their customer, poor show.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I got a price for my "still in warranty" P90D and it was 4k below WBAC and 8k less than I sold it for to a dealer who subsequently sold it for about 4k more again (ie 12k more than Tesla offered). Maybe it was the covid effect but when Tesla don't want their own cars back you have to doubt they'll ever offer a good price. Its cost them my sale.

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
Traded in my Model S 85D on 2015 Plate with 78k on it a couple of weeks ago and Tesla gave me £29,500 for it, which was £150 more than WBAC offered on their site. Now the WBAC valuation has to be taken with a pinch of salt since when I turned up there would be lots of humming and hawing and I am sure they would have knocked off £3k+ if my previous experience is anything to go by.

Tesla I believe just push the trade ins out to the trade to bid on and will skim off theTesla models which they want to offer through CPO, they stuck with my valuation and I am happy enough with the cost to change.

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
Which is a similar system to WBAC for deduction, but because the bottle passes each one, they count them all.

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
I couldn’t face the prospect of trying to sell my car privately at this time, ie during current pandemic. My previous experience of it has been painful enough this would just have been the cherry on top.
Trading it in was for me the least worst option in respect of the process. With my car allowance and savings covering depreciation (more than actually) I got more than the car owed me.

It may be different depending on your circumstances, clearly based on what is important for each person at that time.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Tesla do use a 3rd party but it's just a car auction firm that just take all the cars and auction them off, that's why you tend to get an ok price for older cars and a fairly low price for newer ones. There's little checking and it's a fairly smooth and seamless handover. It would be a nightmare if they dealt with a 3rd party like WBAC as you'd turn up to collect your Tesla to be met with the haggling on price reduction, and since you were there to pick up a new car they would know they could push you more than usual. My brother tried WBAC to sell a top spec rangerover before buying a model X. Despite their price prommis when the guy turned up to look it over he had to walk away as he said that although they had offered a high price he wasn't allowed to actually pay it and that the car was immaculate so there wasn't a single thing he could mark it down on, and therefore couldn't buy the car.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts