Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Did anybody tried the video playback function in the car on screen?
We are planning a trip this summer to Austria and I am thinking of watching some videos when fast charging. I tried already some formats but that didn't seem to work.

Does anybody know the magic codec/filetype?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Have you checked the entertainment system manual in the car (the paper one appears to be the only version available - I can't find a downloadable version of the entertainment system manual - only the car manual)

·
Registered
276 Posts
Bluetooth your phone and use the phone’s screen. Asumming you have Netflix or similar. You can also play videos present on your phone. Or, of course, your iPad or other tablet.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
The video playback works fine for me. You need to use the USB socket furthest from the driver. Also ensure that the USB flash drive is formatted as FAT 32. I use a 32Gb USB flash drive and it works fine.

I have played back the following video formats with success ...

M4V
MP4
AVI

Best insert the USB drive into the socket before you start the car or the infotainment system. If it is recognised, the 'Play' button is highlighted in yellow on the main tai-coloured infotainment screen. Press that and it will list the files. Simply select the film you want to watch. A couple of times it said that the file format was not supported so persist!

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys for the info! I will try a FAT32 usb tomorrow! Maybe that was the problem.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep tried and it works! Thanks again guys. Very happy with it. Now lets hope maybe in the near future Apple CarPlay will support Netflix!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts