Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trawling the new cars coming on the the market, the Mach-e looks very interesting, any one else looking at this?

Availability 'early' 2021, and another rival to the Tesla Model 3 and Polestar 2, and spec for spec similar pricing.

·
Registered
407 Posts
It's a Model Y competitor, but also will be competing against the Koreans SUV's and even the Chinese XPeng and MG's.

Question is will it actually be available in the base spec in 2021? The one with the 75.7kWh battery that does 280 miles (est) for ~£40,270.

I actually like the look of it, and I don't normally like the SUV type cars, I just hope that Ford get the software right and don't do a VW.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, meant to put the "Y" not the 3. I like the look of it too, but worry about teething troubles, support, and build quality.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
You’re right, this is Fords first proper EV.
And in common with the ID3 hasn't been driven by the journalists or the public yet. Simples these EVs. :unsure:

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wading through the options this afternoon, It's Tesla all over again :(
The standard features vary between the standard and long range, and between 2 wheel and AWD, and within combinations, and between countries.
No simple on line brochure, you rally have to be a detective on this. Plus, no doubt, these specs will vary considerably between now and sometime next year when the boat comes in. As will prices.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I'm considering one. I tend to wait and see a car in the flesh and drive it before I commit. That way I know what I'm getting, and at what price.
Until something becomes available, speculation is of little value. A case in point is the EV version of the Volvo XC40. When it was first announced, I was up for seriously considering the £35k vehicle. Sadly, to buy one later this year, the 3 and 5 have swapped places...

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
28,416 Posts
Is the eye-sore screen removable?

The driver's dash is hardly exotic either, reminds me of my 1978 Rover SD1. Like a box just perched on top of the dashboard.

(I think the idea in the SD1 it was then easy to build for LHD and RHD ... just swap the driver binnacle over!)

·
Live by the sword. Don't intend to die by it.
805 Posts
I'm considering one. I tend to wait and see a car in the flesh and drive it before I commit.
I seem to recall they were talking journalists and pre-order holders for passenger rides in London not long ago.

It seems a bit steep to be honest. The slower one is no quicker than the E-Niro, and costs more. The fast one isn't all that fast and is nearly I-Pace money.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts