Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone removed the Zoe letters from the back of the car, are there locating holes under it or does it leave a nice smooth area, cheers

P

·
0 Posts
I do remember reading some while ago - though can't remember where, sorry - a new Zoe owner recount the tale of asking their dealer for what snobbier manufacturers would grandly describe as 'delete model designation', and being told that while it wasn't an official Renault option, one of the grease monkeys out back would happily take a hair-dryer to it instead!

Therein lies your answer, I believe...

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Old post I know but how did you do it?
Heat gun/hair dryer and warm the adhesive. Take a bit of dental floss or fishing wire and carefully thread it behind the badge and 'saw' through the adhesive. If you have some tar remover use that to remove the residue and then, if you can, a quick polish by hand or with a DA polisher if you have one.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Never understood the reasoning for taking a badge/name off of a car, most would probably be able to guess what it is anyway. Does it make it go faster or something?
Just a personal preference from an aesthetics point of view. I don't tend to have the engine or model badges on, but find it odd when the manufacturer badge is removed. All personal preference. I have left the Zoe badges on. Mainly as the 'i' badge is very important come resale (signifies it's a battery owned and not battery leased model).

Adding badges for higher end models when you don't have that model...now that I find very odd! See a lot of 'M' badges on diesel BMW's. Those that don't know don't care, and those that do know, know that it isn't a M BMW! That I will never understand.

·
Registered
Get £50 off Evezy! Referral code e8615
1,710 Posts
But a lot of diesel BMWs are actually part of the "M Sport" line (which is just a styling package outside of the actual "M" cars), so the badges will be manufacturer fitted...

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
But a lot of diesel BMWs are actually part of the "M Sport" line (which is just a styling package outside of the actual "M" cars), so the badges will be manufacturer fitted...
I mean the full M badge where the engine specification is.

I.e they take off the '320d' and replace it with a M badge.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
I have left the Zoe badges on. Mainly as the 'i' badge is very important come resale (signifies it's a battery owned and not battery leased model).
Only you can buy them and fit them on any car.

·
Registered
97 Posts
As stated by others it’s personal preference! I never used to do it, but after playing around with photoshop I quite liked the look, so I’ve gone ahead and done it!

I didn’t like the ZE badge it just made the rear look cluttered, and after ‘umm’ing and ‘ahh’ing about the Zoe badge, decided I preferred the ‘cleaner’ look without it. Did the same to the family car too, took off the model badges but kept the manufacturer badge, just looks right to me.

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
27,053 Posts
As stated by others it’s personal preference! I never used to do it, but after playing around with photoshop I quite liked the look, so I’ve gone ahead and done it!

I didn’t like the ZE badge it just made the rear look cluttered, and after ‘umm’ing and ‘ahh’ing about the Zoe badge, decided I preferred the ‘cleaner’ look without it. Did the same to the family car too, took off the model badges but kept the manufacturer badge, just looks right to me.

View attachment 131010
Without the writing, it looks like it's got a cheeky little face!!

Awwww ... nice! :)

(Slightly tall forehead, though! ;))

Reactions: Spec555

·
Registered
127 Posts
Personally I wouldn’t be trusting a sticky badge for that. I’d want to see paperwork from RCI. ;)
Its not really a true sign regardless. My battery owned doesnt have an i badge on it.

Consequently, there is also no paperwork from RCI either with a battery owned model.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Its not really a true sign regardless. My battery owned doesnt have an i badge on it.

Consequently, there is also no paperwork from RCI either with a battery owned model.
There is no 'i' badge on mine either, but putting the Reg details into Autotrader registers it as an 'i' model.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts