Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is more of a - 'did I understood this correctly post rather than a question'.

New to EV/Ioniq and only used the local Pod point charger in nearby Tesco about three times. Over the weekend, when I plugged in the charge, did my shopping and came back.

There was this podcast I was listening to while driving and I wanted to rewind to some bits so instead of stopping the charge I started the ignition so AV can start and was in the car for about 5 mins. After that I pressed the start/stop button again thinking it would stop the ignition and went out to take the charger out but the charger won't come off (even after I pressed the unlock twice, tried it several times, locking/unlocking the car, waiting for another minute or so but the charger won't release). I then got into the car again and because the speakers were annoying me at this point, I pressed the start/stop button again, came out and tried to take off the charging again and it worked this time - leaving me confused as to why it didn't work in the earlier attempts.

Reading the manual now, it talks about the start mode cycle - if you press start stop button "without pressing the break paddle" it goes through (for each press of the button) - AV Only mode -> Vehicle starting -> Vehicle stopping. Which makes sense, but the manual also says that by pressing the break paddle takes the car into Vehicle starting mode directly (i.e. skipping the AV only mode). I think what the manual is missing is that when the car is plugged in the start/stop button press behaves as if the break paddle is not pressed at all.

Is this a common knowledge? Has anyone else noticed this?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Glad it was not just me. Still early days for me with the new car so I was confused as to what was happening. Car has all sort of beeps and bops but it would help if they show the damn message on the console rather than making different noises - in this case to tell you that the car in this in-between mode.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts