Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

Still waiting to hear from the dealer on when to pick up our new car, he did say at best end of April. I'm bored of waiting and driving our diesel car.

Has anyone else ordered one? If so what are your delivery times? When we test drove the car, 2 people were picking up their e-tense. Was fun to see!

Cheers,

Ben.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Test drove one and was put off by the button layout on the dashboard; Especially the volume buttons none of which provide any haptic feedback.

The e-2008 beats the DS3 easily in terms of comfort, space and looks. The only noteworthy thing the DS3 has is probably the flush door handles.

So glad we didn't go with the DS3.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi folks,

Still waiting to hear from the dealer on when to pick up our new car, he did say at best end of April. I'm bored of waiting and driving our diesel car.

Has anyone else ordered one? If so what are your delivery times? When we test drove the car, 2 people were picking up their e-tense. Was fun to see!

Cheers,

Ben.
How long did they give you to test drive it? I hadnt realised they were already in showrooms.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, not much love for the DS3. Ally, I had about 50 minutes with a mixture of roads. Even got it up to 83mph ha!

·
Registered
161 Posts
I had a short test drive, was about to order an e2008 so wanted to check out the PSA drivetrain. Very pleasant with good suspension. I then walked into the Peugeot garage next door and confirmed the e2008 was the better pick. The DS3 switch gear was style over substance, whilst the Peugeot combined style and functionality. The e2008's extra 20cm length allows someone to sit behind a 6ft driver, not possible with the DS3. The test car had white cream cloth upholstery which may cause problems if I'd just spent a day working on my boat engine. DS3 is a lovely car to drive and I can see it's appeal as a fashion accessory. I don't think the dealer had sold many, there should be some big discounts in the future.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi folks,
Still waiting to hear from the dealer on when to pick up our new car, he did say at best end of April.

delivery
When did you order it? I ordered mine 25th Jan 2020 from the Derby salon but haven't heard anything since. I read that pre-orders were being taken last September for a March

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I can see it's appeal as a fashion accessory.
The DS sub-brand is all about fashion, not functionality. However things like the metal roofed cabriolet versions of hatchbacks increased sales of some brands for a while.
from the Derby salon
As in hairdressing?

·
Registered
20 Posts
We ordered it 4 weeks ago if my memory serves me correctly and we should be taking delivery end of April! :)
Fab! I had a phone call from DS on Friday asking me to come in today to sign the paperwork and should be taking delivery of the DS3 E-Tense this Friday the 13th :D
I did state that I didn't mind what colour, so if there is an order cancelled I could potentially have first dibs on it.
I will find out at 4:30 today and let you know.. ?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Fab! I had a phone call from DS on Friday asking me to come in today to sign the paperwork and should be taking delivery of the DS3 E-Tense this Friday the 13th :D
I did state that I didn't mind what colour, so if there is an order cancelled I could potentially have first dibs on it.
I will find out at 4:30 today and let you know.. ?
Awesome!!!! If you don't mind me asking this DS location is this? I got asked last week if I want Ultra Prestige that was speced out to be a La Premie. I have La Premier on so don't mind waiting. What spec is yours? Also add some pics when you collect it ;) Cheers!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I went for the Prestige, although I'm coming from a 2014 C4 picasso Exclusive+, so i will miss features like the self park and electric boot.. And the space sheer space of the picasso.
Im dealing with the Derby DS salon as its the closest to me, although its still over an hours drive away but what the hell, the car is defo worth the drive! I love the looks compared to the e-208 and Corsa e..

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Awesome stuff, we have a Merc e class 2015 and a pug 3008 2011 but I'm selling my merc and trading the pug so to have 1 car and cut costs!! Mate happy driving, keep me posted. :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Pug 3008, I had a 2012 one with the flappy paddle gears. Was a great car until the gears started to slip, so I traded it in and had a Hyundai Tucson after that. I've never had an E class but love the look of them, I bet you will miss the Merc but the amount you will be saving on fuel and maintenance of the DS3 will soon make you forget the other cars.

Been to the dealer now and have signed the paperwork, they will prep the car and I can collect it on Monday, so all is good!
The car is either
Artense Grey Metallic or Platinum Grey Metallic
but the paperwork just says silver so will wait and see.
Heres one they prepared earlier lol

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Pug 3008, I had a 2012 one with the flappy paddle gears. Was a great car until the gears started to slip, so I traded it in and had a Hyundai Tucson after that. I've never had an E class but love the look of them, I bet you will miss the Merc but the amount you will be saving on fuel and maintenance of the DS3 will soon make you forget the other cars.

Been to the dealer now and have signed the paperwork, they will prep the car and I can collect it on Monday, so all is good!
The car is either
Artense Grey Metallic or Platinum Grey Metallic
but the paperwork just says silver so will wait and see.
Heres one they prepared earlier lol
View attachment 128656 View attachment 128657
Ha yes we have the flappy paddles, it is an odd auto box. Like a manual but the computer changes the gears and is really slow compared to the DS3! Yes I will miss the Merc but I love the DS3 so very happy to say good bye to it. It served me very well.

Nice, Monday! I bet you can not wait. Do you have a wallbox installed? We don't just waiting to hear from Podpoint.

Love the colour! Here some of my pics I took at the showroom:

Enjoy my friend :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
@BenEVNoob Awesome! ?
I have just ordered a 'Polar Plus' card from the web, you get 3 months free, then you also get 6 months free from DS when you collect the car, this can be added to your polar subscription in 3 months time effectively giving you 9 months free!
I dont have a drive but my neighbour does, so i will just granny cable it as and when needed. I have a 50kw Polar charger 7 miles away so will use that most of the time up to 80% as thats only 15p per kw with my polar subscription.
Have you got the Zap-map app? Thats what I use as you can filter the chargers/companies and speeds.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts