Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 40 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Hey @flaxvert - sorry for the late reply lot of work at the moment. Yeah we should get 6 months free and then 3 months free from the site. So how do I go about ordering a card from polar plus? Are you collecting this Monday coming? Yeah I got the ZapMap app. Funny you ask, my neighbour got a VW egolf, took me for a test drive and I told him about ZapMap and the other online resources etc, he didn't have a clue ha! Not long now for you! #Exciting times!

·
Registered
20 Posts
@BenEVNoob Here is where you sign up mate. They will want your bank details so they can take money when you use their paid chargers, their 50kw chargers are 15p per KW whis is nearly as cheap as my home electric (11.5p KW)

They will send you out a card within a few days, then you just hold the card to their charger when you start and when you stop charging. Don't go over 90 minutes charging though or they charge £10 on top.

Yep this Monday coming.. But i'm in no rush.... Just a quick question, IS IT MONDAY YET?? HOW ABOUT NOW?? NOW?? WHAT ABOUT NOW? haha

I have studied Zap-Map, awesome! Polar have an app but its useless, you are better off having a link to their website on your phone.

At least your neighbour is now learning what Zap-Map is all about. Hopefully you won't fall out with the neighbour when you keep seeing their car connected to your local charge point haha

It must be monday by now??

Steve

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
I had to wait almost 7 months for my Zoe

the Citroen is stunning to look at but I just ordered the e208 -that’s only 3 weeks away yet still too long haha

JJ

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
@BenEVNoob Here is where you sign up mate. They will want your bank details so they can take money when you use their paid chargers, their 50kw chargers are 15p per KW whis is nearly as cheap as my home electric (11.5p KW)

They will send you out a card within a few days, then you just hold the card to their charger when you start and when you stop charging. Don't go over 90 minutes charging though or they charge £10 on top.

Yep this Monday coming.. But i'm in no rush.... Just a quick question, IS IT MONDAY YET?? HOW ABOUT NOW?? NOW?? WHAT ABOUT NOW? haha

I have studied Zap-Map, awesome! Polar have an app but its useless, you are better off having a link to their website on your phone.

At least your neighbour is now learning what Zap-Map is all about. Hopefully you won't fall out with the neighbour when you keep seeing their car connected to your local charge point haha

It must be monday by now??

Steve
Thanks for the link!! When you put it like that it is just as cheap as home charging, we're on 14.5 kwh with British Gas but I will be having a look to change to cheaper tariff.

Thanks for the 90 min warning, more knowledge the better to be honest. LOL, I am going to use my neighbour's charge point when he is a work ha, he doesn't mind, as long as I but the beers which will probably be more expensive.....

Is it Monday yet, add pics when you get the car! I want to see what you GOM - range says :)

Have a great weekend!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I had to wait almost 7 months for my Zoe

the Citroen is stunning to look at but I just ordered the e208 -that’s only 3 weeks away yet still too long haha

JJ
Likewise, the e208 is amazing but too small for our family but I love it being a pug fan for decades! What colour are you getting it in?? Please say the blue, I love it!

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Nah - I’m a yellow person haha

yeah it’s a bit smaller than the Zoe too

guess that’s why they offer the 3008

for electricity suppliers try out octopusGO - my rate for leccy is 5p/kWh between 00:30 and 04:30 so that makes a full charge on the 50kwh batteries just £2.50

Use my referral code in my sig and we both get some money ££

move got a leccy compare spreadsheet I created if you need it

JJ

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
I'm very positive about Polar in general but would point out that their chargers differ depending on how you pay for the charge. For example:

The best rate is paying with your Plus account, and beware the parking restrictions (£70 fine in this case - an expensive cost to charge). Having said that, etiquette dictates that you should remove your car once charging slows to normal FAST charge rates which is at around 80 - 90% which takes much less than an hour even from Turtle.

Charging at your neighbour's sounds best value. Often there is little to do near a Rapid - the one above being a case in point.

·
Registered
4,878 Posts
it is just as cheap as home charging, we're on 14.5 kwh with British Gas but I will be having a look to change to cheaper tariff.
Do look for a cheaper tarif if you are charging at the same price as Polar charge. I know they aren't too bad if you have an account but Octopus Go is cheaper 0:30-4:30 and still les than 15p daytime rate.
It's a bit of a process to get on their cheap tariff but worth the effort if you use charge at home most of the time.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Nah - I’m a yellow person haha

for electricity suppliers try out octopusGO - my rate for leccy is 5p/kWh between 00:30 and 04:30 so that makes a full charge on the 50kwh batteries just £2.50

Use my referral code in my sig and we both get some money ££

move got a leccy compare spreadsheet I created if you need it

JJ
5p per KW is cheap off peak but I am on a standard granny cable and no drive, so I would only save a few pence for the 4 hours that they offer that rate. Their standard eleccy rate during the day (rather than their .go) is 14.6p kw with a 20p day standing charge. I can't take advantage of their 'GO' energy plan.

My E.On tariff is 10.5p per kw with a 47p standing charge.

During a normal year my rate compares to the a few other best tariffs, but as this year I will be using more than usual with having an electric car I will be saving 4p per kw, which is £2 per 200 miles. That easily makes up for the higher standing charge.

I also only have a single rate meter

21 - 40 of 85 Posts