Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
We were told our Zoe was in the country on 19th March. Just wondering if anyone else is in a similar situation?

Registered
Yeah ordered 11th Jan. told it was in Southampton at start of lockdown, still waiting, told on Monday it was imminent :unsure:馃槾

Registered
Mine apparently arrived in UK around 24th May and the dealership called this afternoon to let me know it is here.
Sales guy said there are problems getting HGV drivers at the moment, claims a lot of them were Eastern Europeans who went back to their home countries at the start of lockdown. No idea if it鈥檚 really true.
He said they were waiting on 24 Renaults of various models, some of which have been in Southampton since mid March.

Registered
Not sure if anyone is aware, however there has been a global pandemic, which has impacted pretty much all of the world, resulting in many countries shutting down for many months including the UK, the net result is many economies and businesses are struggling to get back on track, many companies have gone to the wall, many people have lost their jobs, the surviving companies have backlogs and are running on fewer staff currently just to survive, thus the backlog and also new business is taking a bit longer to sort itself out and get back to some form of normality!!

Just cut everything a bit of slack FFS!!

Registered
He said they were waiting on 24 Renaults of various models, some of which have been in Southampton since mid March
Would this much down time be an issue for an EV? I assume they haven鈥檛 got full batteries direct from the factory.

Registered
Calm down, calm down! People aren鈥檛 literally having a go, it鈥檚 the frustration of hearing different things from different people most of the time. We all know production was stopped etc etc etc. As far as I鈥檓 aware deliveries are around 2 months behind.

Registered
Got confirmation yesterday from the lease company that mine is ready, although I responded saying that I don't need it until the start of August as the Ioniq isn't due back until then.

Hyundai's not getting in touch about returning the car until "closer to the time." Apparently they send out a letter two months before the car is due back. When I pointed out that date was three weeks ago, they weren't exactly forthcoming with anything further...

Registered
Ordered at the end of January and original delivery date was end of April.
I really didn鈥檛 expect to see it anytime soon due to the pandemic and actually thought it would have a delay in being built as the factory shut down.
I rang my supplier at the end of May and was surprised to hear it had been built before the factory was shut down but was stuck in transit in France (very understandable).
The garage rang me two weeks ago to say it had made it to the UK
Yesterday it made it to the garage and I collect Zoe2 next Thursday.
Given the circumstances I think they have done well.
(Also haven鈥檛 had to pay for it during the lockdown which is a plus but the downside has been driving my knackered old Kia picanto around as I gave up Zoe1 in Px back in February)

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
Not sure if anyone is aware, however there has been a global pandemic, which has impacted pretty much all of the world, resulting in many countries shutting down for many months including the UK, the net result is many economies and businesses are struggling to get back on track, many companies have gone to the wall, many people have lost their jobs, the surviving companies have backlogs and are running on fewer staff currently just to survive, thus the backlog and also new business is taking a bit longer to sort itself out and get back to some form of normality!!

Was just curious, wasn't having a go at anyone....

Registered
Still waiting for the wife鈥檚.

Parked outside the dealer鈥檚 showroom for a week plated, charged and ready to go.

RCI hugely behind with reissuing paperwork for deals/leases done before lockdown.

Once your car鈥檚 at your dealer, you might have a bit more of a wait.

Registered
Was just curious, wasn't having a go at anyone....
My apologies, just having a bad day.

It is indeed a bit of a nightmare at the moment and us dealers are pretty much in the dark with deliveries, we were supposed to have a load of cars delivered the weeks prior to June 1st, none turned up and they are just coming now, dates given cannot be relied upon at all, the cars just appear and the ZOE's turn up with only about 18% charge (as opposed to 80-100%), get 6 or 7 turn up and getting them charged fully is a judging act.

Dealers are also busy selling cars, it's mad out there and very stressful, we want the cars delivered but juggling, cars arriving and nowhere to put them as its 10's of cars arriving in a day as opposed to the odd few, getting them in the workshop, charging ZOE's, dealing with new customers and sales, sorting cancelled finance paperwork for pre Covid deals (20 minutes on the phone to RCi, to someone WFH on a crap line, then their computer crashes, so it all needs loading again).

Dealers and RUK still don't have full capacity staff, so the ones actually in are dealing with more, Renault dealers actually have it reasonably easier compared to other marques, VW group the only way a dealer can get in touch with their finance arm is via email, it takes days to get anything sorted.

Fortunately as the month is progressing, it is getting easier, only 1 more ZOE is left to arrive and of the 9 that I've had turn up for my customers, I've 4 left to be collected, which are (bar 1, due to a charge point installation issue) booked, they are charged up, all paid for/finance is now in place, so going forward it will be easier, however we are still awaiting circa 20 Clio and Captur to arrive!

Roll on July!

Registered
I thought when i saw you earlier post that was not like you but your latest post explains all and is really helpful to people like us who are waiting for our Zoe to turn up. Hope you have a 鈥榥ormal鈥 July !

Registered
Email from dealer, Zoe has arrived :) Picking it up Wednesday morning, was going to have it delivered, however after being up to the dealers for the Q90 service and MOT last week I feel ok with collection now.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts