Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if it's my charge point or the car, but I've had both running fine since January.

Earlier this morning the app wouldn't retrieve the scheduled departure time but this should be set on the car anyway.

Anyone else woken up to go to work to find you can't leave?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Just been onto We Connect through a browser on my computer and in the Departure Time section under e-Manager it says "No data is available at the moment for technical reasons. Please try again later."

So I'd guess it is an back-end app problem, have you gone to the car to check directly?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes the car says the correct departure time, so I'm confused as to why it didn't work. Hopefully it's just a one off as this meant an hour late for work and a stop at the services for a boost!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I think the VW charging system is over complicated. With our 30kwh Leaf, you knew if it was plugged in, it was charging. With the E Golf it's easy to assume it's charging, when in reality it's not.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have a mini panic when I plug mine in to charge as it’s set to delay charge until off peak times. Always worry it won’t have charged. Luckily I live 2 miles from work and worst case I use the wife’s ICE. Touch wood had no issues yet though

·
Premium Member
4,070 Posts
I think the VW charging system is over complicated. With our 30kwh Leaf, you knew if it was plugged in, it was charging. With the E Golf it's easy to assume it's charging, when in reality it's not.
It doesn’t need an App or We-Connect to charge, it just charges when you plug it in or starts on the timer in car?

Like most things, it’s as complicated as you want to make it.

I think there may be occasions when the App interferes with the car, ie if something goes wrong with it when you’re trying to set a departure remotely.

A couple of weeks ago mine did something funny, it was fully charged and had ignored any departure timers, but the time had reset to GMT +9hrs...

·
Registered
131 Posts
It happened to me once over a year ago that the car did not charge as expected. I reset the all the programs and have had no problems since. I use the e-manager almost every time I charge my car with a departure time set. I do not use the off peak part but I have read it can be a bit tricky to get it set right.

·
Registered
91 Posts
No but my EO Mini Pro has decided to "go offline" the last two nights at around 3am, coming back online later in the day. Car's still been charging on its departure timer from 5-7am ish though.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I checked my car via the We Connect app just now and it charged up overnight and the Departure Time details are back as they were. I can see that it started charging at midnight and then did the pre-heat for 06:30. All as expected.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I have a mini panic when I plug mine in to charge as it’s set to delay charge until off peak times. Always worry it won’t have charged. Luckily I live 2 miles from work and worst case I use the wife’s ICE. Touch wood had no issues yet though
2 miles to work and you drive a car...? That would be walking distance for me. Of course, you can have many reasons for not walking, so none of my business.

·
Registered
43 Posts
2 miles to work and you drive a car...? That would be walking distance for me. Of course, you can have many reasons for not walking, so none of my business.
Thats's a fair point but I do walk/cycle during spring/summer but with the weather in the UK at present it's not the nicest commute. (I'm not in Germany contrary to what it says to the left under my username. My companies server is German based which is very annoying) I also drop my kids at school most mornings. If I didn't do that I'd probably walk/cycle a lot more.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts