Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if any speakEV folk are going to Robert Llewellyn's Fully Charged live outdoors event next week? Maybe meet up as a group for a cuppa sometime?

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 R135 Iconic
157 Posts
I'll be there Friday and Saturday!

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 Ultimate
2,632 Posts
Yep on the Saturday. Bought the tickets for 2020 show originally but something came up.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'll be going to the Sunday, and I'm dragging along a couple of non-EV owners so might even convert them! Shame I don't get EV referral points for that.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
3,913 Posts
Without wanting to derail the thread, no, I won't be going to Farnborough.
Silverstone was hardly the greatest choice of location, but sticking it on so far south is basically taking the p***.
They've had complaints from the Scots about it, and have said there'll be a mini-event in Glasgow around COP26 time.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
23,073 Posts
Silverstone was hardly the greatest choice of location, but sticking it on so far south is basically taking the p***.
I thought you enjoyed long bike rides?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry to hear that, #swagman. By the way, some of us have to travel to the UK to get to the Fully Charged Live shows. I'm a native Channel Islander, and it's a day's journey (costing around £250) just to get to England. When I was at Silverstone I met visitors from the Netherlands and Germany. The Orkneys were represented by ReFLEX Orkney, including Jonathan Porterfield of eco-cars.net. And of course Nicki Gordon-Bloomfield was there all the way from America. So, perhaps to some of us the location is not taking the whatsit, we're just grateful for an independent view on EVs and eco-living.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry to hear that, #swagman. By the way, some of us have to travel to the UK to get to the Fully Charged Live shows. I'm a native Channel Islander, and it's a day's journey (costing around £250) just to get to England. When I was at Silverstone I met visitors from the Netherlands and Germany. The Orkneys were represented by ReFLEX Orkney, including Jonathan Porterfield of eco-cars.net. And of course Nicki Gordon-Bloomfield was there all the way from America. So, perhaps to some of us the location is not taking the whatsit, we're just grateful for an independent view on EVs and eco-living.
PS the thumbnail of me is my cheap way of crossing the Channel !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020 64KWh
728 Posts
I am travelling down from Yorkshire and looking forward to it in part exactly because it is a long distance away. I enjoy being on the road and, because of the way that covid has changed our working patterns, it will be the longest trip I have done in over 17 months. I know that makes me a bit sad, but I can't wait.

I am taking the car down to Cornwall 2 weeks later so it will be a good EV month.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 R135 Iconic
157 Posts
I'll be there Friday and Saturday!
Forgot to add... if anyone would like a ride (free of charge, ha-ha) from North/West London, just drop me a message!

·
Registered
BMW i3
2,176 Posts
We have a stand there so everyone is welcome to come by to say hi, whether you're interested in solar and batteries or not.

Reactions: Alnair

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I am travelling down from Yorkshire and looking forward to it in part exactly because it is a long distance away. I enjoy being on the road and, because of the way that covid has changed our working patterns, it will be the longest trip I have done in over 17 months. I know that makes me a bit sad, but I can't wait.

I am taking the car down to Cornwall 2 weeks later so it will be a good EV month.
Join the sad crowd! In a 'covid-window' I managed to escape The Rock (my home Channel Island) and had a wonderful week driving my e-NV200 40kWh Combi in the UK. 700 glorious miles just revelling in the enjoyment of driving. When daily life is lived on an island measuring 9 miles by 5 miles, distance driving is a rare delight.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
We have a stand there so everyone is welcome to come by to say hi, whether you're interested in solar and batteries or not.
Thanks - that's a really nice offer. It only occurred to me after my initial post that FCO at Farnborough is going to be vast. I realised that my suggestion of a SpeakEV members' meet-up had (at least) one serious flaw .... a meeting-point. D'Oh! ... and I thought my blonde days were behind me. I'm attending all three days, so I'll pop along to your stand on day one and say hello. Is your stand called Tanjent Energy?

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Kona Premium SE 64kWh, Ceramic Blue
109 Posts
I will be going on Friday. Looking to replace my gas boiler / central heating system. Lift from Worcester available if anyone interested.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts