Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 143 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Given the debacle of the 1st Edition ID3's it might makes sense to wait till VW are a bit desperate, but I sense the Buzz might be custom order only.

Anyone asked their dealer on likely timeline/process?

· Registered
354 Posts
I’ve spoken to a few dealers and no one knows anything, I can’t even get a estimate price.

There’s a few 7 seaters due out at the same time, I might have a closer look at the XC90 or something similar instead.

· Registered
7 Posts
I've been on my local (US) dealership's waiting list for ages now. They won't even let me put down money as a deposit yet but I take it they have a waiting list for those who would like to do so ASAP. I really hope they introduce the largest battery pack (about 111kWh) at launch, but we'll see. I would also like a pop-top version.

· Registered
1 Posts
I am very much looking forward to putting a deposit down on a Buzz! While I would have preferred a diesel or gas engine, I should embrace the new electric technology, as well. Like many others, I am sure, I am sincerely hoping the actual production model will look as close as possible to the prototype.

· Premium Member
12,845 Posts
The dream and reality where so far apart. The actual Buzz looks just like a van with windows! Oh, hang on it is as they are doing a van version too :ROFLMAO: I guessed the minivan market still exists in USA but I can't see it being popular for private use in Europe - I guess we will see...

Wheel Tire Vehicle registration plate Car Vehicle

Reactions: peterboat

· Registered
1,065 Posts
The dream and reality where so far apart. The actual Buzz looks just like a van with windows! Oh, hang on it is as they are doing a van version too :ROFLMAO: I guessed the minivan market still exists in USA but I can't see it being popular for private use in Europe - I guess we will see...

View attachment 151689
We were going to buy one to use as a camper, however the reality is it looks nothing like the original touted Buzz that we have decided that we dont want this ugly offering!
There are plenty of other vans out there which will be better priced and way better looking, in fact the Morris JE is top of our list at the moment, its also lightweight and hopefully rustproof

· Premium Member
12,845 Posts
We were going to buy one to use as a camper, however the reality is it looks nothing like the original touted Buzz that we have decided that we dont want this ugly offering!
There are plenty of other vans out there which will be better priced and way better looking, in fact the Morris JE is top of our list at the moment, its also lightweight and hopefully rustproof
The Morris being a REX is also a benefit I guess?

I got a CarWow quote (for a friend) on the Spacetourer 8 seater with a couple of options and it was under £30K which is a cracking deal!

· Premium Member
12,845 Posts
All electric it says 200 miles range
Great. I think I got muddled up with the LEVC van...
"The Morris JE will have an anticipated price of around £60,000 when it goes on sale in late 2022" :ROFLMAO:

· Registered
1,065 Posts
Great. I think I got muddled up with the LEVC van...
"The Morris JE will have an anticipated price of around £60,000 when it goes on sale in late 2022" :ROFLMAO:
Yes but its gorgeous unlike the Buzz, I am hoping the will do a longer wheelbase hightop version in a couple of years? The price might be coming down as well by then

· Registered
1,042 Posts

View attachment 151689
I'm reserving judgement until I see the production model without camouflage. There's certainly a wrap and I suspect extra chunks of plastic stuck on to obscure the final shape.

I really want an EV microcamper which would also be my normal day to day car. Hired a camper based on the eNV200 and it was a perfect size, except I really dislike the base vehicle.

I do like VW campervans and would love to see what they'll do with a Buzz, I think they'd be mad not to produce a campervan version, although it'll be a bit bigger than what I'm really looking for I expect. Although, if it fits in normal car parking spaces...

· Premium Member
12,845 Posts
Reactions: Jayne

· Premium Member
12,845 Posts

· Premium Member
12,845 Posts
Did I just read that dealers were taking deposits as if yesterday?. Anyone seen anything more than a hint on pricing or spec levels?
I suspect it will be like ID3 with orders opening for a 1st Edition spec at massive price. Around €60K I was hearing.

· Registered
118 Posts
Ah yes there seems to be all sorts of rumours but was hoping (naively maybe) that we might be surprised with this ID.
Just saw another article suggesting orders taken in May for Sept delivery which I find hard to believe somehow.

· Premium Member
12,845 Posts
Ah yes there seems to be all sorts of rumours but was hoping (naively maybe) that we might be surprised with this ID.
Just saw another article suggesting orders taken in May for Sept delivery which I find hard to believe somehow.
They are making the Buzz on a new assembly line at Hanover so is entirely feasible first deliveries with be Sept. Hanover is mainly VW commercial.

· Registered
118 Posts
Ah ok that's more promising.

I was hoping that vw might stick their neck out and use their economies of scale to offer some parity price wise with the T6 perhaps (in auto guise) for the cargo version which would really put the cat among the pigeons.

Having said that we need a 5 seater not a 3 seater and I'm not sure my wife will tolerate the kids sliding around in the back until I figure out how to bolt in a nice sliding Rib Altair or suchlike:rolleyes:

· Premium Member
12,845 Posts
Ah ok that's more promising.

I was hoping that vw might stick their neck out and use their economies of scale to offer some parity price wise with the T6 perhaps (in auto guise) for the cargo version which would really put the cat among the pigeons.

Having said that we need a 5 seater not a 3 seater and I'm not sure my wife will tolerate the kids sliding around in the back until I figure out how to bolt in a nice sliding Rib Altair or suchlike:rolleyes:
I am confident the Cargo version will be cost neutral vs T6 for most operators over a 3 year lease, but that will assume charging at depot and higher mileage than most private owned vehicle - circa 100 miles a day.

The passenger Buzz won't have great motorway range, so will be a difficult sell vs ID4 as a main family car IMO. I can see it is being popular as a second cool car (with lots of virtue signalling) for the school run - for the affluent!

1 - 20 of 143 Posts