Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
41 - 60 of 145 Posts
Interesting option from German configurator (after translation). I internal socket to power Kettle etc ?

Operating voltage 12 volt and 230 volt socket on the passenger seat frame

Price incl. VAT €398.65

I like the blue, but with two little kids I definitely can't go for a white interior.
I think mine comes to €69.966,05 but the site doesn't work with translate enabled so I'm not 100% sure. It also says €782/month on lease which is £662 - ID4 Family lease is £647, but I have a feeling it's just Germany has much more favourable lease terms.

I like the blue, but with two little kids I definitely can't go for a white interior.
I think mine comes to €69.966,05 but the site doesn't work with translate enabled so I'm not 100% sure. It also says €782/month on lease which is £662 - ID4 Family lease is £647, but I have a feeling it's just Germany has much more favourable lease terms.
It can work with Translate. When it crashes switch back to German, refresh, go to page you tried that made it crash then after it loads click Translate to English again. Bit of messing about but you then get to read the options in English.

I don't mind the cheaper seat option with the Blue seat material, but the whole dark/black base version with dark side panels etc. kills its whole open/airy appeal for me.

My VW JCT car garage has no further info today. The VW Commercial dealer where I tested the Multivan commented it would be end of next week.

From what they are saying the 5 seater Buzz car versions will be sold via normal car dealers while the Buzz Cargo is via the VW Commercial dealers. I'm not personally up for buying a Cargo and converting as the front looks really bland in the cab and boring seats.

I could loose the Open & Close Plus option if I want to get price down with just manual doors.

Unsurprisingly, I’m quite a fan of the Buzz, I think I’m going to wait for the LWB/Camper version, can see it replacing my GTX as it will do my solo weekly commute and then be good for everything else.

From what they are saying the 5 seater Buzz car versions will be sold via normal car dealers while the Buzz Cargo is via the VW Commercial dealers. I'm not personally up for buying a Cargo and converting as the front looks really bland in the cab and boring seats.
My VW car dealer are being told that they're not getting the Buzz and it'll all be via VW Commercial only. My VW car dealer haven't been the most reliable with information so far though.

I don't mind the cheaper seat option with the Blue seat material, but the whole dark/black base version with dark side panels etc. kills its whole open/airy appeal for me.
I actually prefer the coloured seats, I think if it was me then I'd go for the green buzz and green interior, but as it'll be used by kids I think a black interior is much safer and still looks OK to me.
Still haven't found any confirmation on roof rails on the non-cargo version, that would be an absolute no-goer for me.

My car dealership (JCT600) seems certain they are getting the 5 seater version but he told me strange thing is they would not be geared up to service it so servicing would be at their Commercial site!

Commercial site only 3 mile away for me while car dealership about 12 so that would be good.

Anyway, I've put their first deposit down against a Buzz (fully refundable) to get a holding slot as soon as they get it live on their system to raise the order. Got my heart set on one for a bit of a lifestyle change now I've turned 55 and kids no longer kids, just me, wife & dog. Can't justify (or afford) to run a dedicated Motorhome and car so this will be ideal for me. Will now depend on UK spec/price if I continue with the order. Will need a few of those options and keep under £62K really.

Interestingly, the Cargo version only as the Blue/White two tone option or solid colours and doesn't seem to have any kind of Window option in the side door.

Anyway, I've put their first deposit down against a Buzz (fully refundable) to get a holding slot as soon as they get it live on their system to raise the order. Got my heart set on one for a bit of a lifestyle change now I've turned 55 and kids no longer kids, just me, wife & dog. Can't justify (or afford) to run a dedicated Motorhome and car so this will be ideal for me. Will now depend on UK spec/price if I continue with the order. Will need a few of those options and keep under £62K really.
I think I'll be going for an ID.4 - but might go for a Buzz in 3-4 years when the ID.4 lease ends. Might be at a position where a white interior is relatively safe then as well.

Yeh, not ideal if you have young kids. Sales Rep at JCT600 called me back and she gave the warm/supportive chat about her handling the process and stated new info they have today is that orders and UK spec should be known by the 30th.

Just received a Buzz pre-Booking FAQ from my UK dealer:

Interesting parts

• On 30th May 2022, we will open up a National pre-booking process that customers can access via the Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles Website. However, we would like to give customers that have already placed a deposit locally with a Volkswagen Van Centre or Volkswagen Retailer, the opportunity to confirm their pre-booking more formally and gain access to the priority ordering window for ID. Buzz.
  • The pre-booking fee is £2,000 minimum and is paid to your preferred Volkswagen Van Centre or Volkswagen Retailer. You should request a confirmation of payment from your chosen retailer.
  • There will be a choice of three different trim levels; the ‘1st Edition’ launch model, ‘Life’ or ‘Style’ models. Some high level specification information is available on the website from 30th May 2022 to help you choose your preferred model.
  • The ‘1st Edition’ launch model has a defined specification, but you will have a choice of exterior colours. Alternatively, ‘Life’ or ‘Style’ trim levels will have a selection of option packages including a choice of alloy wheels, styling seat packages and more. Full information on option packages will be available on our website from in July 2022.
  • On the 30th May, we will publish on-the-road prices for each of the trim levels.
  • There are a number of factors that will determine delivery lead times. First customer deliveries are anticipated in January 2023.
  • The 1st Edition launch model has a defined specification, but you will be able to select your preferred colour. You will also have the option to choose a ‘Life’ or ‘Style’ trim level. With these derivatives, you will also have some additional option packages to choose from to customise the vehicle further. At the point we open for order, a configurator will be available on the Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles website to assist you with configuring your perfect ID. Buzz.
  • Unfortunately it is not possible to test drive the ID. Buzz before making a pre-booking or confirming an order. The first demonstrator vehicles should be available to test drive via our Volkswagen Van Centre and Volkswagen Retailers in Autumn 2022.
No pre-booking for the Buzz Cargo version.

My VW car dealer are being told that they're not getting the Buzz and it'll all be via VW Commercial only. My VW car dealer haven't been the most reliable with information so far though.

I actually prefer the coloured seats, I think if it was me then I'd go for the green buzz and green interior, but as it'll be used by kids I think a black interior is much safer and still looks OK to me.
Still haven't found any confirmation on roof rails on the non-cargo version, that would be an absolute no-goer for me.
The black interior and full Midnight blue is looking good for me as a cheaper choice and more practicle.

Not 100% about 2 tone now. See what Monday brings when UK info should go live.

The only thing missing from the base model which I'd quite like and would get on the ID.4 Family is the IQ lights.
Presuming custom colour is around £1,000 then the base model is £10k more than the ID.4 Family which is better than I was expecting.

Realistically I still don't think I can afford one outright (although I'm going to crunch the numbers) but if they end up on a salary sacrifice scheme then I'd be very tempted.

Sliding doors, left and right with power latching - I'm impressed this is in the base model, due to our driveway and having two kids this could be very useful for us.
Only one "odd" thing is this in the Style 'Carpet floor covering (reinforced in passenger compartment) ' - I'm a bit confused what you get in the standard model, if it's just bare plastic then that's not great.

The Style seems to have more than the 1st Edition which is weird, thought 1st would be highest spec. 1st has the 21" wheels which I don't want. Certainly pricing not put me off. I must have the Multi-board and IQ lighting so looks like Style unless can add extras to the Life.

Still not made mind up on white or Black interior.

41 - 60 of 145 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.