Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was waiting to get confirmation of delivery of my leaf before I applied for the Charge your car membership as the website said it was £20 a year, so didnt want to get it too early and not use it. When I then spoke to charge your car to see how long it would take to get a card issued, they said I'd just missed out on a £10 lifetime membership card. When I checked the website in March and April it only specified the annual £20 membership fee. If it had been clear, i would have obviously applied for the card, instead of being stumped for an ongoing fee of £20 a year, rather than £10 forever.

Slim I know, but I thought it was worth asking if anyone who has a lifetime membership card, either didnt need it anymore and was willing to pass it on.

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Transfer of these, and all membership cards, is almost certainly a breach of their terms of use. I wouldn't advise it especially as you normally register your car number plate with them to prevent car park charges. Not a good idea.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Terry - there was a way around this (that worked for me).

Sign up with SourceWest http://www.sourcewest.info/driver-signup and the first 200 drivers get a charge-your-car card for free - I signed up about 4 weeks ago and my CYC card through a few days later and I've since used it with no problems..

·
Registered
317 Posts
Hi

This was actually put in place by Bristol City Council in an effort to encourage EV take up in their area. Could you please remove that post? It could be argued that as Havant is in the same sort of region (broadly speaking) as Bristol you could of been entitled to apply. But as I said, this has been paid for by BCC in an effort to support driver's in their area and is absolutely NOT a way for people in different area's of the country to get a free access card.

Thanks

·
Registered
340 Posts
That wasn't my motivation. I have an office and clients in Bristol and at the time was exploring charge options for a weekend in Bath. I used a SourceWest chargepoint over the weekend and therefore needed a SourceWest card. At that point I didn't even know it was in fact a CYC card (its branded SourceWest I think).

·
Registered
317 Posts
Hi Derek

That's fine!Hope I didn't sound accusatory, I'm glad you're getting to use the points. I'm just a bit worried as there are only a handful of free cards left and I know Bristol are keen for them to be used by drivers in the region.

·
Registered
340 Posts
That's OK - your helpline were very good at the time when I had difficulties with the post by the way.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi, thanks for all of your replies. What I was hoping for was someone with a lifetime card who sold on their car and would be able to transfer the card membership to me. This would mean I would register my reg, address, card,etc. I would be willing to pay a one off fee for the card with certainty that it's lifelong rather than the new scheme which will is an annual fee, as I suspect I may be a long time convert to an EV vehicle ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts