Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Day 1 Model 3 Reservation Holder
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
While on the motorway a few weeks back I got an amber LKAS light and got two warning notifications on the dash: Check Lane Keep Assistance System and Check Automatic Emergency Braking.

The light and warnings go away when I restart the car but come back after a couple of minutes, and I haven't been able to use LKAS at all since. (It just won't detect any lines at all.)

I've been too busy to really do anything about it since it's not critical, but It's now booked in with the dealership on Wednesday 27/12/17 so I will report back here with the results.

In the meantime, has anyone else had this issue? Any ideas on what might be the cause?

Edit: I have the car back now, but they haven't fixed it yet. As suspected, it needs a new camera module, which is now on order and due to be fitted on 10/01/18. While they had the car they did complete a recall on the charge port locking mechanism though.

·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Given how dirty the roads are at the moment, silly question but have you given the bumper, screen etc. a clean?
That was my first thought too. I checked the camera and radar areas for dirt or chips, then had the whole car cleaned, but no change. :/

·
The Ioniq Man
63 Posts
That sounds hopeful! How long did it take?
They had it in, after we’d had the lights come on, then had to order the part when they’d diagnosed the problem. It came in after a few days, maybe a week, and they fitted it within half a day. No probs since.

·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's back now and fully functional again. :) The work was done in a day and covered by the warranty, so not too bad in the end.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts