Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I won't go into the specifics but I'm daily driving a 100 mile round trip from Olney near MK/Northants to John Radcliffe hospital in Oxford. I reckon I can easily get there in the leaf and would have a few (4 or so) hours to recharge at standard rate to return.

Looking at Oxford's state of EV charging points and council information I can only gleam the following - there are a few charge points, including one in the Waitrose nearby the hospital but they're not exclusive to EVs, eveyone else parks in them regardless and I can't tell if there's free parking or not (like MK).

Can anyone shed any light on the situation there? Has anyone driven MK to Oxford and back?

·
Registered
81 Posts
In the absence of any hospital parking you could always try Pear Tree welcome break (rapid) or West Way Nissan in Kiddlington (rapid). It'll probably only need 10-15 minutes top-up. I don't know about the hospital though, could be worth a telephone call, they might have something available (3 pin plug) but not officially publicised.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I now no longer need to do the journey. The welcome break charger at Peartree would have been ideal as it was next to the park and ride.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts