Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I've managed to get some funding to make a new UK EV site, concentrating on chasing up local councils about their broken chargers, local pollution, mysterious grants, dodgy newspaper reporting, councillors who irrationally hate EVs etc. etc. (you guys know the stuff which drives us mad).

I'm looking for someone (or more) in the Newcastle/North east area who might be up for getting involved, general blogging style stuff I suppose, ideally with a sense of humour about it. Not scared to get on the phone to try to get answers on things too. It would just be part-time but paid (not a lot, but it will help).

DM me if you like, or suggest things to chase up! Any weird UK behaviour re EVs, charging, grants, ridiculous environmental moves, why that rapid has been broken for over a year etc. also good news is welcome. I'll chase them until we get answers and go the freedom of information route to find costs and who benefited and so on.

My thinking is that things might get sorted out if they think someone is actually looking in to the facts and figures of what's going on.

Reactions: srichards

·
Registered
2016 Nissan LEAF SL
1,084 Posts
I'm just about to leave Tyneside (and the UK) again for a while, but may still be able to offer limited help here. I Have contacts within a few of the local councils who are responsible for such things due to past work, and have generally had a fair bit of success in getting issues resolved, or at least explanations and answers.

Newcastle City Council have definietely been the worst to deal with in the North East though. Getting involved in something that will hopefully lead to a better EV Charging experience especially in Newcastle itself is something I may be interested in. Especially if it means when I return I can find a charge point on Zap Map, drive there and find that it isn't broken or worse completely removed, followed by driving round and round looking for working alternatives and ultimately find myself at the completely wrong end of the city, usually resulting in an uphill walk.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts