Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm writing to basically ask if someone would take me for a test drive in their leaf in the Conwy area, possibly a run down to cerrigydrudion and back. The reason I'm asking is I would love a Nissan leaf, but I need to know how it fairs in the Conwy valley region. I haven't found a dealer selling nissan leafs in this area and no website allows you to hire one in this area. I have looked at eveazy (or something like that )website who hire EVs but they have said there's an 8 week waiting list for a Renault Zoe 40. Not quite the leaf. So I thought maybe there's was a leaf owner in North Wales, willing to give me a real world experience. I have driven one in Liverpool used nissan but only got to drive 2 miles in it so didn't get to experience 60 mph and how far it would actually go. I'm looking for a 24 KW ideally to tackle my work commute,( 57 mile round trip.) Cheers for any reply.

·
Registered
82 Posts
When I was looking I took a trip out to Nissan Chester, had the car for a day and took it to Menai for a drive around and then back. Grab the train in and bus/walk down to Greyhound.

·
Registered
776 Posts
When I was looking I took a trip out to Nissan Chester, had the car for a day and took it to Menai for a drive around and then back. Grab the train in and bus/walk down to Greyhound.
It's a long walk from Chester centre to the dealership.
OP would want the "Sealand Road Park & Ride" service, it terminates directly across the road from the Renault/Nissan garage & there's a pelican crossing to get across.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've checked the nissan Chester and they don't have a leaf 24 or 30 KW. All I want to know is if the car can cover junction to cerrigydrudion and back via Evo triangle in to llansannan and back via llangernyw 57 mile journey over hills. If it can do that I will go out and buy one as I spend £200 on fuel a month. That would easily cover the cost of a 24 KW leaf over 3 years if I have to go for the 30kw it would be 5 years so doesn't seem quite a good deal.

·
Registered
5,666 Posts
A Leaf 24 will be almost up to its limit over that terrain in mild weather and might just about get you home in cold and rainy conditions but leave you stranded in snow and ice. You would need to negotiate access to a 13 amp socket at Cerrisydrudion to plug your granny lead into to use a Leaf 24 daily over that journey. A Leaf 30 should OK all year round without that.

·
Registered
82 Posts
It's a long walk from Chester centre to the dealership.
OP would want the "Sealand Road Park & Ride" service, it terminates directly across the road from the Renault/Nissan garage & there's a pelican crossing to get across.
I've walked it before but I admit I had plenty of time and was (then) plenty fit too.
I forgot about the park and ride!

·
Evezy £50 code - cada7
188 Posts
As has already been said, you need a 30kWh model. The 24's are on the limit of your needs right now and will only degrade further over time to leave you with even less range. Especially when it is cold, raining or snowing you aren't going to be comfortable doing these journeys especially if you can't charge at your destination or stop for a short while at a rapid charger.

The Co-Wheels offering mentioned above is a different car. New battery chemistry. 100% Health, New motor and everything will be very different to how your experience would be in a degraded old model... If you really do want to try it, it's probably worth using code NE109 on sign up however. I don't know what the code in the tweet does, but the one I just gave you will provide £1 Registration and £25 Free driving credit.

Either buy a 30kWh, or sign on to the waiting list for Evezy for a ZE40 Zoe depending on what works out best for you financially, as well as if you would actually be happy with a Zoe or not.

With a 30, yes it is going to take a bit longer to pay back out of your savings, but you are going to be able to keep it longer since your range is going to be useful to you for longer too. 57 Miles with heating even in poor weather is going to be easy for many years to come in that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts