Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

New user here!

Looking at purchasing a ampera and wondered if there was anyone in Yorkshire that would be kind enough to show me their car and talk through what I should be looking for when buying?

Been to look at one at a small car dealer locally but they didn't have a clue about it and inside is a mass of buttons so didn't know where to be looking!

Thanks Alastair

·
Registered
636 Posts
Welcome,
Just read the buyers guide pretty much everything is in there.
I'm sure there is some one in Yorkshire who will help out with a tour and a ride
Best of luck with buying a good car

·
Registered
365 Posts
Hi,

New user here!

Looking at purchasing a ampera and wondered if there was anyone in Yorkshire that would be kind enough to show me their car and talk through what I should be looking for when buying?

Been to look at one at a small car dealer locally but they didn't have a clue about it and inside is a mass of buttons so didn't know where to be looking!

Thanks Alastair
Go and buy it - you won't regret it! The Amp is still motorings best kept secret . . .

Reactions: Spiny

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Yorkshire is bit off an issue with dealers though.
Theres a massive wild open space between Scotland and Manchester with just one dealer in Newcastle I think.

If you need to keep your warranty valid that's a bit of an issue.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I`m in Sheffield, and main agent in Sheffield services Ampera, had mine 2 years now, where about are you in yorkshire its a big county!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I`m in Sheffield, and main agent in Sheffield services Ampera, had mine 2 years now, where about are you in yorkshire its a big county!
I'm in Wakefield!

Good to hear there is somewhere local if I buy one to get it serviced

·
New EV driver
192 Posts
hello there Alastair. There is a bunch of amps in the Teesside and Durham area maybe about 10, happy for you to come have a look and a chat if you still need to but the buying guide on here is a very good place for info.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Andy,

I live in Halifax too and looking at possibly getting an Ampera after someone crashed into and wrote off my Leaf 24kw last week.

How do you find it on the hills and small roads around here?

·
Registered
155 Posts
I find It’s great around here, if I’m only running around locally it eats up the hills in normal mode, I do lots of longer distance driving too and love the worry free ice running. If you can do with around 30 miles from a charge on a cold winters day then the driving experience is great - it’s a really nice car to drive regardless of the electric power train. I bought it originally as I was working in Manchester 35 miles away so I could get there easily on a charge, recharge at work and get h9me so was hardly using the ice. I’ve since changed jobs but kept the car as I liked it so much.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts