Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We last had an EV 2-3 years ago and have just ordered a Zoe which is coming next month. I’m not convinced our home charger (Rolec) still works so was hoping someone would be able to to try it for me ahead of the Zoe arriving. It should only take a couple of minutes to plug in and see what happens. Any kind souls nearby?

Thanks,
Paul

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
If it has an RCBO in it with "Rolec" branding on, I'd suggest replace that anyway, asap.

Whether it's got green or blue text on, they're a cr*p item and wil fail. Generally the other components in there last a decent length of time.

... and here's the well-made one I re[;laced my failing ACEQ0180 with, a few years ago...

·
Registered
5,350 Posts
We last had an EV 2-3 years ago and have just ordered a Zoe which is coming next month. I’m not convinced our home charger (Rolec) still works so was hoping someone would be able to to try it for me ahead of the Zoe arriving. It should only take a couple of minutes to plug in and see what happens. Any kind souls nearby?

Thanks,
Paul
I can do that if you want to message me your details.

·
2quidforhalfanhour
346 Posts
I was wondering the same as I'm in exactly the same position.
Haven't even looked what brand mine is, it was fitted under olev when I had my last Zoe, 3kw I think.
I had it fitted in a cupboard at side of house which is conveniently sited where it's easily accessible, so at least it's been protected from the elements.
Probably will just ask the garage I test drive at if can nip home and plug in.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Probably will just ask the garage I test drive at if can nip home and plug in.
I did exactly that when I swapped my eUp! for a Leaf 40kWh !

Main reason for taking it home was to check ground clearance would be OK n our lane but it seemed like a good idea to check that it was compatible with my wall box.

Reactions: cheryl ward
1 - 6 of 6 Posts