Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had the inspection yesterday, all good with no charge.

How long a wait should we expect for collection currently? Do we just sit tight until they call? We don’t seem able to get any information out of RCI/Manheim.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
I thought that they normally did the two things together? Are they taking the Mickey and expecting you to store it for free?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought that they normally did the two things together? Are they taking the Mickey and expecting you to store it for free?
In a word, yes.

Inspection was yesterday. Can’t get any information as to when it’s going to be collected, although apparently it’s our responsibility until it is. Can’t see how that works after the date of contract expires, and we’ve notified DVLA of transfer of ownership.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
I wouldn't rely on a verbal exchange anyway. I would email and snailmail a recorded delivery notice that they must remove it within 7 days and meanwhile, they must ensure that they have their property fully insured against all loss as long as it remains parked on your premises. Perhaps also mention a daily storage rate of £20 after that 7days. At the very least you would then have a good defence if anything were to happen to the car.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Called Manheim again today and explained that I’m going in to hospital Friday and really would prefer this to be sorted before. It’s now booked to be collected tomorrow.

I’ll miss the Leaf.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts