Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Eniro 4+
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone sold their eniro recently? Where did you sell it? I've got a 4+ that needs to go.

Did you just chuck it to webuyanycar?

Normally I'd sell a car from home but I am nervous on this occasion, due to the money involved. Also worries me how many people would actually spend 30k+ on a private sale... Interested to see what experiences folk have...

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro 4 MY20, Zoe Z.E.50 GT Line
1,837 Posts
Try Motorway. I recently sold my Yaris through them and was very happy with the process. Better prices than WBAC, the car is collected from you by the pick up company and you don't let the car go until you have the funds.

·
Registered
Eniro 4+
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Motorway valuation seems higher than i thought might be achievable (no complaints if true!) - will see how things go with them.... Might be able to get out of this car without losing an absolute fortune...

I'll try my local dealer as well, see if they are buying at the moment. Nothing to lose I guess

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro 4 MY20, Zoe Z.E.50 GT Line
1,837 Posts
My understanding is motorway set the valuation as the reserve in their daily auction so it’s won’t go for less without agreement. Mine went for about £800 more than the valuation.

·
Registered
Eniro 4+
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@Devon You sound fed up of the car. What has happened?
Not so much the cars fault (although there are several areas that aren't good enough) but we are just doing more long journeys (family+work reasons) than we did a year ago couple this with a lot more electric cars on the road now of course....I'm just bloody sick of charging away from home. It's such a pain in the ass. Yesterdays trip was 2+ hours longer than it'd have taken me in a diesel. Several chargers not working followed by a 30 minute wait to get onto the last one we found working - had to wait as we were down to 5% by this point.

Its cheaper when used locally and around town of course but I dont know if that's enough to keep it.

I think I was spoiled by getting the car during lockdown with most chargers being available.

My understanding is motorway set the valuation as the reserve in their daily auction so it’s won’t go for less without agreement. Mine went for about £800 more than the valuation.
Ah that's interesting, thankyou. Didn't know it worked like.

Having a good family chat this week to decide what to do with it. I'm torn between accepting the charging aggro or giving up and going back to diesel.

·
Premium Member
2014 Model S
8,777 Posts
@Devon I can see why you're cheesed off! Public charging when it goes bad really does ruin the EV ownership experience.

If the local journeys are all sub 25-30 miles then it makes the case for a Plug in hybrid instead if you spend a lot of time going to places where the charging isn't much good.

Or if you have room the two car solution. Cheap old Leaf or Zoe for round town and some diesel barge for the longer ones.

·
Registered
E-Niro 64kWh '4' since 9/20 (was Prius)
1,169 Posts
I read that Tesla superchargers are being opened up to other EVs. Maybe this could be a solution soon for folk who travel a lot? Peter.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts