Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been an existing Octopus customer and switching to Intelligent Octopus after my tariff expired but experiencing some issues wondering if anyone else has gone through this process?

I requested the switch online on my computer, after it said all OK was told to download the app and follow instructions there.

Downloaded Octopus Energy app on my Android device. Wasn't obvious what I've to click but figured there was a 'Charge for less' button on the front page which takes you through to introducing Intelligent Octopus and some form of getting started steps... Tried to follow the steps and select my Tesla Model 3 but then it just takes me back to the beginning and doesn't actually add the car... Anyone else experience this?

I asked Octopus about status and was told it was all pending me accepting T&Cs on the app but the only place to accept T&Cs is when doing the test charge and that doesn't work unless a car and charger had been added?

Hoping I've maybe missed an important step somewhere, anyone done this before?

Thanks

Steven

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Think its an Android app problem... tried 2 different Android devices same problem, borrowed a friend's iPhone and it at least allowed me to add the car and charger and authenticate etc but test charge failed cause according to the FAQ need to add the car while the car is at home address whereas I was out at the time I borrowed the iPhone. Will need to try and borrow again or hope they fix the Android app soon...

Registered
I've been on Intelligent for around a year now. One thing I have learnt from it is to not rely on it for important journeys, I've had several failures. When it works it works well, but if you have something like an airport run early in the morning, then I use the good old fashioned manual timer to get a reliable charge. I use Intelligent as much as possible, but only when the charge is not imperative for a trip

1 - 4 of 4 Posts