Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Tesla M3LR
597 Posts
I tried signing up to this tariff earlier this week when I discovered its existence.

The marketing blurb states that you need a compatible charger OR a compatible car.

However during the signup process it asks for the make/model of car AND make/model of charger, it will not permit signup progression without entering both.

I don't have a wall charger, I just use the Tesla granny, so I was hoping that this intelligent tariff was a solution to lower cost off peak charging.

So, is a wall charger necessary for this tariff or not?

·
Registered
Tesla M3LR
597 Posts
Once you’ve selected the vehicle and charger, the next stage is it will ask to do a 7 minute test charge, you need to do that before the devices tab will appear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am not presented with that message, it tells me to activate on the devices tab

Mobile phone Purple Mobile device Font Communication Device

·
Registered
Tesla M3LR
597 Posts
Strange. Do you have something on the homepage of the app? That’s where I started to activate on iOS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OK. I've managed to progress this further, the stumbling block now is that when I select the "test charger" screen I just get a blank page, no further:(
Font Screenshot Electric blue Electronic device Rectangle

·
Registered
Tesla M3LR
597 Posts
@Bobdniro This is exactly where I ended up, blank screen with a white return arrow.
I became convinced that it was the discrepancy between my address No. 4 and the cars Google address No. 2 that was preventing the charge.
I have written emails but have had no reply so I have returned to Go for the next month or so.
I don't have a discrepancy with the cars location so that is an unlikely possibility, more likely down to poorly designed IT for the sign-up process.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Has anyone signed-up successfully?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts