Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was considering the A048 however i have decided to go for the R888, Anyone else using these on a Sport? What are your thoughts. I hated the AD07.

·
Registered
551 Posts
As with brakes .. a good search around in TMC will yield LOTS of good results eg

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/5995-Brake-Pads
http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/4864-2-0-2-5-Roadster-Roadster-Sport-Tire-Thread

Happy reading :)

FWIW:
I went to carbotech road pads - (simply as tried and tested for Roadster by the many US drivers)
Tyres are OK but if I did change I'd probably balance: 1 noise, 2 roll resistance, 3 grip 4 cost/life etc.
You guys my reorder these :)
so I'd go for either:
Dunlop bluresponse as @Alexander Sims for best rolling resistance, and quiet etc.
or
Goodyear eagles (quiet)
ContiSportcontacts
Michellin Pilot sport3 (life)

See last months EVO tyre comparison (where our Yoko's DID badly on everything except grip !)
Unfortunately they only used Dunlop MaxxRT not Blueresponse ... and obviously they didn't do this on a Roadster (I think it was a Golf GTi iirc)

However please add your own Usual subjective disclaimers :)

snaps below:
evo 1.jpg
evo roll.jpg
evo results.jpg

·
Banned
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks Mark, yes i already searched. The post is quite old and i was more wondering what tyres Tesla had recommended for the 3.0 version of the car. They have claimed to have a reduced rolling resistance tyre in mind and i wanted to try it now i need a set. Does anyone know if the calculations made by the car when new tyres button is pressed on the VDS included calculations for the speedometer? It may be possible to fit something like AD08 and have the speedo adjusted automatically by the system on the car for the slightly out size.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I'm too keen to know what they are suggesting.

I'd trade some grip for range, and if done carefully might give the car a bigger fun factor, lower breakaway with better control, a bit more like Toyota's GT86.

@Alexandersims would be the best to comment on this strategy.

·
Banned
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well Mark, you might be interested to know im getting closer to Ceramic bearings and Ceramic or MMC Discs :) these should really help range by reducing weight. Lightweight battery already on order.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts