Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone is still looking, when I cancelled my Ultimate order today with Wilson’s Hyundai in Epsom, the sales manager Alex told me that have 5 Project 45’s coming in that they have managed to secure, and tried to get me to switch to one of these. But they did not have the combination ext/int I wanted, and also, I have already ordered one from Hyundai that will go to my local dealer, not one 70 miles away…….

·
Registered
504 Posts
Just called at 9am - 3 vehicles left Black, White and Gold. 11am only 2 left. Been trying to get spec list on Project 45 to compare with Ultimate - they say they don’t have it! Does anyone have spec list for the project 45? Was going for an Ultimate but what does project 45 come with?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Just called at 9am - 3 vehicles left Black, White and Gold. 11am only 2 left. Been trying to get spec list on Project 45 to compare with Ultimate - they say they don’t have it! Does anyone have spec list for the project 45? Was going for an Ultimate but what does project 45 come with?
Here is a PDF file with the info for you

Regards

Phil

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It a ‘no brainier’. The Ultimate is £4k more and has less equipment. Also, there will never be any more Project 45 cars, hopefully resulting in better resale values……

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No it’s not….
Ultimate 305 with Tech AND Eco pack…..£50,780
Project 45. £48,000

Both plus any paint costs, Ok so only £2780 more, AND no electric rear seat, no solar roof, no auto door handles, no extra year ionity cover, and no 250v socket in boot…………

·
Registered
405 Posts
P45 is £48000 and Ultimate is £48145?
Yes, but you need to add the ECO option pack £1195 and the TECH option pack £1495 giving a total of £50835 on the road (or £51420 if you want metalic paint) and you're still missing the solar roof, Flush Auto door handles, rear electric seats, power outlet in boot, powered auto child locks, rear occupancy alert with sensors, and I think the overhead camera is missing too. (Prices taken from Hyundai web site 31/07/2021)

John.

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 Ultimate
2,641 Posts
Well EV number 6 ordered. Thanks for the tip off @Yellowduck got it from Wilsons. White model 45 but does anyone know what the hell moonlight grey interior is?

·
Registered
143 Posts
No it’s not….
Ultimate 305 with Tech AND Eco pack…..£50,780
Project 45. £48,000

Both plus any paint costs, Ok so only £2780 more, AND no electric rear seat, no solar roof, no auto door handles, no extra year ionity cover, and no 250v socket in boot…………
As I understand it price of P45 at £48,000 included any of the paint finishes announced at launch in February.
View attachment 147870

·
Registered
44 Posts
Well EV number 6 ordered. Thanks for the tip off @Yellowduck got it from Wilsons. White model 45 but does anyone know what the hell moonlight grey interior is?

It's this, not available to order in the UK for Ultimate cars, the UK light grey is also on the upper door card with lower door card being dark grey where this is dark teal on upper door card and dash (hint of green in certain light) and red piping on seats/dash

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am guessing not a Project 45 car, as they did not have a white/grey combo coming when I spoke to them last week. Have you gone for the Premier or Ultimate version? I had ordered the AWD Ultimate but cancelled as I managed to get a Project 45 direct from Hyundai…..

I dealt with Georgia at Wilson’s - she seemed very efficient. Her sales manager Alex is the one who is meant to be processing the refund 🤓

Cheers

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 Ultimate
2,641 Posts
Thanks @pacmeoff , @Yellowduck I have ordered the white 45 one and was surprised to see the interior colour mentioned on my order as being moonlight grey. To be honest I was told black on the phone, I don't think they really know much about anything. Took a lot of effort to actually get them to take my deposit!! I will be happy if it's white really, but the inside being grey would be nice.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thanks @pacmeoff , @Yellowduck I have ordered the white 45 one and was surprised to see the interior colour mentioned on my order as being moonlight grey. To be honest I was told black on the phone, I don't think they really know much about anything. Took a lot of effort to actually get them to take my deposit!! I will be happy if it's white really, but the inside being grey would be nice.
Did you order via VIP Hyundai or a dealership?

These are the cars I had offered to me via VIP Hyundai last week (on waiting list)

The following colour and trim options are available on a first come first served basis:

Atlas White exterior with Black interior
Atlas White exterior with Light Grey and Dark Teal interior
Digital Teal Green with Black interior
Gravity Gold with Light Grey and Dark Teal interior
Phantom Black exterior with Black interior
Phantom Black exterior with Light Grey and Dark Teal interior

I reserved the last one of the list Phantom Black with Light Grey and Dark Teal

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 Ultimate
2,641 Posts
Did you order via VIP Hyundai or a dealership?

These are the cars I had offered to me via VIP Hyundai last week (on waiting list)

The following colour and trim options are available on a first come first served basis:

Atlas White exterior with Black interior
Atlas White exterior with Light Grey and Dark Teal interior
Digital Teal Green with Black interior
Gravity Gold with Light Grey and Dark Teal interior
Phantom Black exterior with Black interior
Phantom Black exterior with Light Grey and Dark Teal interior

I reserved the last one of the list Phantom Black with Light Grey and Dark Teal
Bought over the phone from the dealership. Happy with whatever the interior turns out to be but grey is shown on my order. As long as its not got a matte paint I'm happy basically. You really can't have a matte paint car in Cornwall, bloody seagulls.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thanks for all the info. Probably missed the boat unfortunately now. Ended up having having to get wrapped up in some birthday party! Will see if I can get a deposit down.
It's worth getting on the waiting list with VIP Hyundai if you want a P45, they will surely get cancellations between now and delivery until you sign the dealer paperwork you are not committed so people can still pull-out and get a full refund at this point. I was only on the waiting list a week before I got a email from them.

I noticed a dealer was trying to get £53k for a P45 the other day but the advert gone now so not sure if they removed it or sold it.

Wilson Hyundai seem to be claiming they have lots of cars in stock (autotrader) but when you get down to it on the phone they are factory orders or pre-configured orders that are still in the queue to be built with no VIN allocation or build date, basically on the never never like the order I had in with my dealer for the last 8 weeks before I cancelled when I got allocated a P45.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I’ve asked this morning to go on the list. In my email exchange I asked twice about leasing it and was not told no.so we will see what happens. I’m not hopeful. I have a order in for an ultimate AWD but the P45 looks good value compared to the ultimate. Not sure they would let me have one on a lease (and the lease price matching the one I have for the ultimate).

1 - 20 of 85 Posts