Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Used to use LEAFspy in my LEAF, enjoyed connecting the data and checking out the various statistics.

I'm due to pick up my car tomorrow (rather than end of April, so really happy). Is there a similar app for this car?
Mostly just want to have a battery %

Thanks!

·
Zoe Devotee
9,263 Posts
Nothing, generally apps only appear months after the first cars are delivered. So we've got a bit of a wait yet sadly. For me it'll be like the year before CanZE came out. Just had to drive gentle and pray nothing broke.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
No app, but the GOM in Normal mode with the heating on is surprisingly accurate.

the guys working on reverse engineering have personal challenges at the moment. However they have found the %age. The OBD2 port on the MG only does diagnostics, unlike the Leaf.

Reactions: chrisnsteffie

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No app, but the GOM in Normal mode with the heating on is surprisingly accurate.

the guys working on reverse engineering have personal challenges at the moment. However they have found the %age. The OBD2 port on the MG only does diagnostics, unlike the Leaf.
Disappointing - was looking forward to some hidden settings!
% would be nice though

·
Registered
92 Posts
If the batt %age is available (even if not on the OBD2 port), I would expect it to be available for sticking it in the GOM display with a dealer software update.

Which would be nice Hint, Hint. Pretty please MG.

·
Registered
867 Posts

Additionally Mike, I understand that the HV battery voltage and current have also been identified.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts