Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently another Tesla owner had the misfortune of having a crazy woman in a red Audi Convertible flashing lights and waving at them.. (Nottingham area.)

Sorry it was a case of mistaken identity. Firstly I got a phone call letting me know I was in trouble for ignoring her, when I pointed out I was still in the office miles away, she quickly realised her mistake!

I have had words with SWMBO, and it won't happen again :)

·
1,551 Posts
You need to load the App on her phone so she can check to make sure it's you... Or get personalized plates (my wife and I have those on our Teslas.) Not sure if you UK folk are allowed to have personalized plates.

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You need to load the App on her phone so she can check to make sure it's you...
Downside of that is she'd know where I was all the time, she'd be a full on stalker :)

Or get personalized plates (my wife and I have those on our Teslas.) Not sure if you UK folk are allowed to have personalized plates.
Yes in the UK you can have personalised plates. If you want one that hasn't already been issued you can go directly to the government and buy them. They have to fit within a numbering scheme though (http://dvlaregistrations.direct.gov.uk/).

You then "own" that plate and can sell it on, or transfer it between cars (there are some rules). There is a big market in them.

Really early car registrations were much shorter and are worth more. The registration "F1" sold for £440,000 for example!

I bought one to go on the Model S when it was delivered, but I only had it swapped 2 days ago. (Cock up by Tesla UK that's taken 2 months to unravel). I don't think I've had it on long enough for it to have sunk in :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts