Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I very weird thing happened today on my Ampera...

I was in Normal mode with about 10 miles EV range remaining and all the displays looked normal. I pressed the mode button several times but I pressed once too many times and had to press it several times again to cycle through to my desired selection. Whilst doing this the HOLD mode became greyed out and was unselectable and the EV miles showed as zero. I selected Normal mode and left it for a few seconds and the display switched back to the normal EV mode with 10 EV miles showing. I then pressed the mode button and HOLD was now ungreyed and selectable again... so all back to normal.

It all happened so quickly that for a minute I wondered if I was mistaken but on reflection I am sure this is what happened. I mentioned it to Sally but she wasn't looking so missed it.

If it happened as I say then it much be some weird software glitch.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
One thing I've noticed myself Paul over the last year and a bit is that the car doesn't like you changing your mind too quickly! Its almost like the various computers talking to each other when you press a button (e.g. centre console management, drive control, display etc) can only work so fast and get out of sync. And so when you just leave it, and then start again, all is good again. This has similar characteristics to some of the glitches mentioned in the past such as trying to press buttons on startup without giving the car enough time to 'initialise'. Gently does it I've found :)

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That ties up too with the doors locking and unlocking with long delays between pressing the button and anything actually happening.

It is as if the computers aren't powerful enough to keep up.

I do press the Mode button quite quickly. I shall SLOOOOW DOOOWN! :)

Thx :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts