Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed today that after successfully pairing my iPhone SE with the MG ZS EV the contacts/sync downloads fails.

Also when bluetooth is connected, plugging in the iPhone with the USB cable caused bluetooth to disconnect. It appears that CarPlay and bluetooth cannot work at the same time.

Anyone tested this on their MG ZS EV and agree?

Reason I ask is that I have and very much like the Sygic Car Navigation satnav app but voice directions do not come over the car's speakers, the radio simply lowers in volume. I believe that the Sygic app may require bluetooth connection to allow voice directions via the car's speakers. Anyone know anything about this?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I noticed today that after successfully pairing my iPhone SE with the MG ZS EV the contacts/sync downloads fails.

Also when bluetooth is connected, plugging in the iPhone with the USB cable caused bluetooth to disconnect. It appears that CarPlay and bluetooth cannot work at the same time.

Anyone tested this on their MG ZS EV and agree?

Reason I ask is that I have and very much like the Sygic Car Navigation satnav app but voice directions do not come over the car's speakers, the radio simply lowers in volume. I believe that the Sygic app may require bluetooth connection to allow voice directions via the car's speakers. Anyone know anything about this?
There is an option in Sygic setting,sound notification then sound setting where you can select either phone speaker or through bluetooth.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I looked there and it is set to off. Just to check I switched to using iPhone speakers. I have searched the internet for references to this and have followed all suggestions, including Sygic troubleshooting steps. No luck so far.

I have raised a support request with Sygic.

I would still like to know if anyone finds that bluetooth and CarPlay cannot work at the same time.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have finally worked it out. When the radio goes quieter during the voice directions, turn up the volume. It appears that the MG defaults to mute in relation to CarPlay satnav applications, at least it does with Sygic Car Navigation.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Sat in the wife's car today, tried and failed to setup Carplay. Decided to try voice recognition but, pressing the button on the steering wheel was unresponsive. Any ideas? never easy this stuff. According to the manual it should be very straight forward.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
My Tom Tom GO Mobile app works fine on my iPhone 11 Pro with CarPlay no n problem with sound levels. It defaults to the last used volume level in my car.

Bluetooth doesn’t work at the same time as CarPlay. It didn’t in the Leaf 40 either.

I’ve not tried the CarPlay button on the steering wheel yet, s as I just say hey Siri and the phone responds.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts