Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just watching the keynote and Apple showed how the new Apple Watch and BMW i app will remind you where you parked and also allow you to check current state of charge on your wrist.

Neither particularly ground breaking, but I did think this was both very cool and very good publicity for BMW i.

Nice.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Starting at $350 (so probably around £350) for the watch - ouch! No doubt Apple aficienados will buy it in droves.

I'm sure the functionality will be great but it does look like an '80s Casio.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
with iwallet I can now just press buy and be done with it, however it would be easier if they just cut out a step and just took the money and shipped the stuff without me having to do anything

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Sad to have missed the Keynote, just got in late after a long drive. My i3 was going to drag me back to Apple after 5 years of indifference following a decade of launch day devotion.

Will need to catch up, but is it just Notifications on the watch, or richer functionality?

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
If you need a watch to help you find your car, then you should have neither the watch or the car! :D

Initial impressions of the Watch are "meh", I was expecting Apple to push the boundaries a bit. However, I haven't looked in real detail so I might be missing something.

However, from a purely "gadget" POV, sure, I'd have one if I had the cash laying around for one plus a phone. Whether I'll ever really "need" it, though, is another matter.

(Mind you, I was firmly in the "cameras on phones are pointless" camp for many years...)

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Fixed that for you ;)
Ha! Have done both of those and have never lost a car yet...
My wife, on the other hand, would probably find this very useful. Which really only backs up my previous assertion... However, she's a complete technophobe and would never be able to get the watch to do what she wants...

·
Registered
853 Posts
Airport car parks and a bad memory do not mix or excitedly parking the car in universal studios mahoosive multi story then returning in the evening realising I've not got the faintest idea where I'd put the car :)

·
Registered
512 Posts
I've got it working on an old Galaxy Gear smartwatch. Full i remote app / all functions!

Pics in the morning (if I wake up)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts