Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Picking up a Zoe next weekend. Hooray!

I was looking for advice on which Apps I should install to interface with the Zoe to check charge, milage etc?

There seem to be a few apps on the iOS app store, but not sure which is the best.

Ta,

Tommy

·
Registered
12,308 Posts
They’re all terrible due to Renault’s poor servers and API.

Things may improve with the new app, but don’t hold your breath.

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
If you think the Zoe one is bad try the Leaf one. The zoe one is excellent in comparison!

I used the one called ZE services. A few layout weirdnessesssss but generally worked if the car stayed connected.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Darn, seems like slim pickings.

Guess I’ll try out the official apps when collect the car. are there any other aftermarket projects like CanZE?

·
Zoe Devotee
8,156 Posts
Darn, seems like slim pickings.

Guess I’ll try out the official apps when collect the car. are there any other aftermarket projects like CanZE?
CanZE is all you'll need for aftermarket stuff. If your feeling rich buy an icarsoft i907. It does some of the stuff that CanZE can do, but handy for checking for errors and clearing them (hint if you fit HIDS and kill a light circuit, as found out by one of the main RZOC members).

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Not Zoe per se but can recommend things like - A Better Route Planner, Plugshare, ZapMap, both Polar apps.

You'll need to get the vin for your Zoe before you can set up ZE Services. It is useful. Shows you State of Charge and range, allows you to set up a climate timer. That sort of thing.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not Zoe per se but can recommend things like - A Better Route Planner, Plugshare, ZapMap, both Polar apps.
Nice. Have given these a go! What’s the story with PlugShare? It seems to be missing lots of points compared to ZapMap.

You'll need to get the vin for your Zoe before you can set up ZE Services. It is useful. Shows you State of Charge and range, allows you to set up a climate timer. That sort of thing.
Ah! Nice. I had wondered what the connection was based on. This is exactly what I was after.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Nice. Have given these a go! What’s the story with PlugShare? It seems to be missing lots of points compared to ZapMap.

Ah! Nice. I had wondered what the connection was based on. This is exactly what I was after.
I think Plugshare has lost the list of networks available. I seem to be stuck with Polar. There is drop down under the search box that allows you to select networks. I have only Polar and 'other' to choose from. It could of course be vehicle and charger type specific.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Make sure you pick the right Connector / Compatible Plugs like below
The Brown one's on the Map are Rapids 43kw plus
and the Green ones are under 22kw.

The setting's below are what i use ( But the Instavolt Rapids will also show up :mad: )

·
Registered
228 Posts
I used the one called ZE services
The "ZE Services" app is the official Renault one. And for the record, it's now a full year since they deprecated support for it (it's now just a wrapper for the website) in favour of the "MY Renault new application" being launched "in 2019".

·
Registered
9 Posts
I got an Apple phone a few days ago and I wrote a Shortcut today to display range and battery percentage natively without pythonista or anything - it's fast and reliable.

Any interest in me posting the settings?

I'm working on preheat but that might not be possible natively.

·
Registered
9 Posts
For sure! Happy to help test
Fab!

So you should end up with this:

The Shortcut is here: Shortcut

I added a note in case it gets shared in the future but what you want is to put your login details into username and password here when you do show more:

And change the URL here to your VIN instead of VIN, I will get the VIN part working automatically at some point but I just wanted it working for now:

The API token expires quite quickly which is a shame which is why it logs on each time it is run.

Edit: I just invoked it via Siri and that worked too, I'm new to Apple so still learning the ropes.

You may want to change the text so Siri doesn't sound upset when reading no 😂

Let me know what works for you or if you have any suggestions!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts