Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's a really interesting concept. I hope they make it to market.
Amazing efficiency, light weight, speed.... will it make it to production this time? It's looking like they might actually make it!

The driving experience might be a bit reliant robin but I still really want to try it.

Not sure the solar panels make a lot of sense, and the big battery seems overkill.

Two seats and enough room for a small dog. It's not going to be a family car really.

Still I'd be very happy with 0-60 in 3.5 secs and 250 mile range

·
Registered
337 Posts
I remember it first time round. Too good to be true? Another Elio Motors???
I bet it'll cost a fortune if it ever comes to market.

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
4,972 Posts
The driving experience might be a bit reliant robin but I still really want to try it.
Where Reliant went wrong was having the single wheel at the front (I've had 3, a Regal 21E and 2 Robins) which allowed that idiot to do the stupid tricks on Top Gear (even he had to find the right place to tip it over). It's naturally unstable like that. Having two wheels at the front makes it massively more stable and it shouldn't tip over so easily.

I had my Regal back in 1974 when I was in training at Swinderby. When we were allowed home for the weekend I used to 'race' one of my fellow recruits down the main road on the way home. He had a Midget and I always beat him around the roundabouts. You have to do something really really stupid to tip one over.

Like you I would really like to try one. I bet it could be capable of quite a top speed.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Where Reliant went wrong was having the single wheel at the front (I've had 3, a Regal 21E and 2 Robins) which allowed that idiot to do the stupid tricks on Top Gear (even he had to find the right place to tip it over). It's naturally unstable like that. Having two wheels at the front makes it massively more stable and it shouldn't tip over so easily.

I had my Regal back in 1974 when I was in training at Swinderby. When we were allowed home for the weekend I used to 'race' one of my fellow recruits down the main road on the way home. He had a Midget and I always beat him around the roundabouts. You have to do something really really stupid to tip one over.

Like you I would really like to try one. I bet it could be capable of quite a top speed.
Ah yes, I've also driven a reliant... I was kinda meaning the general crudeness and light weight feeling from the fibreglass shell. The lack of clunk on door closing etc. Perhaps fairer to say like a light aircraft than reliant.

Indeed the two wheels at front should be much more fun. Hopefully it's more Aerial Atom than Reliant Robin in the handling respect.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Apparently they re planning some drag races as soon as pandemic allows. I think they fancy their chances of embarrassing a Tesla or two.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts