Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Golf GTE
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering a Zappi to go with my incoming ID3 and my Solar PV panels.

There seemed to be a lot of trouble reported with everything Zappi up to about 9 months ago.
Nothing since then. Have they got it all working now?

I also have an existing power diverter which sends surplus PV to the immersion heater thus saving gas. I proposed to disconnect that to simplify matters. Any thoughts anyone?

·
Registered
Ioniq 5
24,304 Posts
I also have an existing power diverter which sends surplus PV to the immersion heater thus saving gas. I proposed to disconnect that to simplify matters.
I’ve just ordered one.

I think you can install additional CT clamps to allow for additional loads on the network.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I have a v1 Zappi, with an Eddi to divert solar for hot water, a Harvi to provide additional wireless CTs and a hub to link it all together and interface to the MyEnergi app.

Connected to a PV install with Tesla powerwall.

Had the Zappi for two years, everything else for 1 year.

All works fine. Bit of a faff configuring the Zappi to play nicely with my GTE, sorted with support from here and from the MyEnergi forums. No reliability issues to date.

·
Registered
2017 Golf GTE
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a v1 Zappi, with an Eddi to divert solar for hot water, a Harvi to provide additional wireless CTs and a hub to link it all together and interface to the MyEnergi app.

Connected to a PV install with Tesla powerwall.

Had the Zappi for two years, everything else for 1 year.

All works fine. Bit of a faff configuring the Zappi to play nicely with my GTE, sorted with support from here and from the MyEnergi forums. No reliability issues to date.
Thanks that's encouraging!

·
Registered
ID3 1st & e-Golf
5,985 Posts
There are issues with the Zappi and the ID3. I don't know how much of an issue there is but I do know VW have been in contact with them and it is being worked on.
I would ask the question on the myenergi.info forum and see what response you get.

Our e-Golf isn't perfect with the Zappi but I wouldn't swap it for another charger, mostly as there's very little else on the market that does what it does.

I have Zappi and Eddi and another power diverter and it works fine with the myenergi system. You need another CT clamp to have control over it but you don't have to. The power diverter will probably take the surplus power before the Zappi does if you don't.

·
Registered
148 Posts
From the MyEnergi forum, quote from MyEnergi:

The ID3 does not comply with IEC 61851-1 which is the international standard covering EV charging and the communication between the charge point and the EV. The car also causes issues with the German standard VDE-4100.

Lots here: VW EV's and ECO+

We have had a Zappi 2 for a few months, impressed with their support and forum information.

·
jim5452
465 Posts
I have had a ZAPPI v1 since July 2018 and used with niro from OCT 2018,apart from a period of about 3 weeks for some unknown reason when other people were having problems with certain cars and myenergi were trying to sort it out, mine has been working perfectly, now it is even better with the AGILE linkup

1 - 7 of 7 Posts