Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
ID.4 First Edition
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I did search for this and found a previous discussion that sort of suggested they would be, but I just wanted to make sure...

I have a Nissan Leaf with a Nissan branded granny cable. I've just put an order in for an ID.4 (very excited), but it doesn't come with a granny cable of its own. Rather than spending an extra £180 on one, can I just use the Nissan one instead? I'd assume it works fine but it would be typical of either manufacturer to lock their cables out with a specific handshake or something!

Cheers everyone. :hat-tip:

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
20,987 Posts
In short, yes. As long as it's Type 2.

So long as you're talking about single phase versions.

·
Registered
5,157 Posts
Hey all,

I did search for this and found a previous discussion that sort of suggested they would be, but I just wanted to make sure...

I have a Nissan Leaf with a Nissan branded granny cable. I've just put an order in for an ID.4 (very excited), but it doesn't come with a granny cable of its own. Rather than spending an extra £180 on one, can I just use the Nissan one instead? I'd assume it works fine but it would be typical of either manufacturer to lock their cables out with a specific handshake or something!

Cheers everyone. :hat-tip:
Are asking whether certain grannies are compatible with other grannies. I would have best to ask folk in eg a bowling club for that sort of question😁

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
The only two things you need to look at are :
Type 1 or type 2 connector
Can the charge current be adjusted - reducing current can be useful if charging from a sketchy/limited supply

1 - 5 of 5 Posts