Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1061 - 1080 of 1113 Posts

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
That's more BEVs bought just last month than in the whole of 2019!
Wow, and looking like another YOY doubling of sales from 2021, that's only a few years away from 100% sales being BEV at this rate. With the fuel prices also going nuts since Feb too, i expect a massive rush to BEV from all those with means for new cars, but who need "cheaper" running costs for day to day.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Could be exponential by the end of 2022.
I am seeing real upset in the garage trades, I used to own a garage and still have regular contact with them, the realisation is that they are going to have to retrain or die! Most are older owners very set in their ways so retirement is an option for most, if people dont start to train up we are going to have real issues maintaining and repairing BEVs

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I am seeing real upset in the garage trades, I used to own a garage and still have regular contact with them, the realisation is that they are going to have to retrain or die! Most are older owners very set in their ways so retirement is an option for most, if people dont start to train up we are going to have real issues maintaining and repairing BEVs
I remember the look on the local indy garage owners face when he did the full brake service on my 118k miles Chevy Volt, he had advised me that really the front disks should be changed along with the front pads as although neither where an MOT failure, they were not far off. I had just requested the pads as they were an MOT advisory few months prior. I looked him eye and said, "ok them do both, they are the 2012 factory originals after all". He did a double take and said "wait, what? Those have done 118k miles on the Front? I said yep, regen braking, drive it everywhere in "B" mode for regen, all EV's are like this" , He went white and very quiet, you could see the cogs whirring.

·
Registered
Mercedes EQC 400 4matic
750 Posts
Seems like, despite the increasing shift to BEV, the media are working hard to stunt the growth.

Take this, for example, as one of the stupidest things you'll have read on the subject
Owned by Murdoch what do you expect. He and his grubby mates are all climate change deniers ass they have vested interests in fossil fuels

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
View attachment 159952
This is so exciting that we have to talk about Tesla first. For not only is the £55k plus Model Y the UK's best seller in March it has made the number 6 best seller for the year so far beating the Model 3 by one sale. Let us not forget March is a peak month for all manufacturers so isn't an easy win like February. Also the number of cars that make up both top tens that come with plugs is breathtaking.
I have just twigged that an extra 15547 Tesla's added UK to the roads in 2022 already, and only 800 UK SuperChargers means another 20 Tesla's per SuperCharger at peak travel times like bank holidays , summer hols etc. Absolutely no way Elon can open up our SC network for all, it's going to be crowded enough as it is. I used the SC at Newport Pagnell last week to use up some of my free SC miles , 12 stalls , i arrived as the 9th Tesla to go on charge!

·
Registered
eNiro 4
1,641 Posts
I have just twigged that an extra 15547 Tesla's added UK to the roads in 2022 already, and only 800 UK SuperChargers means another 20 Tesla's per SuperCharger at peak travel times like bank holidays , summer hols etc. Absolutely no way Elon can open up our SC network for all, it's going to be crowded enough as it is. I used the SC at Newport Pagnell last week to use up some of my free SC miles , 12 stalls , i arrived as the 9th Tesla to go on charge!
Or…..open it up to all, and then blame the “riff-raff” for the demise of the availability……..commenting for a friend

·
EV fan since 2001
VW e-Up (2013), MINI Cooper SE (2021)
130 Posts
I remember the look on the local indy garage owners face when he did the full brake service on my 118k miles Chevy Volt, he had advised me that really the front disks should be changed along with the front pads as although neither where an MOT failure, they were not far off. I had just requested the pads as they were an MOT advisory few months prior. I looked him eye and said, "ok them do both, they are the 2012 factory originals after all". He did a double take and said "wait, what? Those have done 118k miles on the Front? I said yep, regen braking, drive it everywhere in "B" mode for regen, all EV's are like this" , He went white and very quiet, you could see the cogs whirring.
But Dave from Facebook said that EVs will need to have their brakes replaced much more than ICE, it was a comment on social media so he must be right? /s

·
Ecohound
1,137 Posts
Font Screenshot Material property Number Rectangle

Another month and overall car sales are down nearly 16%. Diesels as usual taking the biggest hit -52% along with MHEV Diesel which surprisingly is joint loser with PHEV at -36.6%. PHEV losses hit its market share which dropped from 6.8% to 5.4%.
Finally petrol which has the largest market share is down -23.2%, so it was MHEV Petrol, HEV & BEV that all saw increases in sales. Now it's a very disrupted market with COVID, the Ukrainian war, chip shortage and probably batteries but no one mentions them when talking OEM's sales. However there are certain trends that can't be missed and MHEV petrol, HEV and BEV sales have the biggest potential short term. PHEV is looking rocky and I am not sure its the reasons I listed earlier.
Product Font Screenshot Rectangle Number

This month 7 of the top ten comes with a plug in the range and 8 in the yearly top ten. Ford's MHEV petrol bet is paying off at the moment along with the Qashqai but for how much longer. The Chinese could put a spanner in the works, probably next year 🤔

·
Registered
ZE40 R110
1,052 Posts
With some EV manufactures sold out until next year, it will be interesting to see if the current trends of people putting off the purchase of New ICE vehicles while they await EV's to come off the production line continue.

1061 - 1080 of 1113 Posts