Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Following on from my missing fuse issue, I just wanted to check something with current owners.

On the overhead console I have a constant amber light on. According to page 68 of the manual, it appears to be the light for 'The front passenger frontal and knee airbags are activated'. It's an icon with an airbag in front of a passenger with '2' next to it.

Should this light be on constantly? The manual isn't very clear about this, as it seems to be a bit contradictory.

·
Registered
340 Posts
You're right it isn't very clear. I remember noticing it myself and checking in the manual when I first got the car and I concluded that it's all OK although I remember its poor English. I'm pretty sure it means that both airbags are "healthy"

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
I think it should only light when it detects someone sitting in the passenger seat...?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Richard, it doesn't say anything about that in the manual.
Can anyone confirm that their light stays illuminated amber whilst driving?

·
Registered
3,195 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
My light stays on.
Its is not very clear and very poorly explained in the manual. If you refer to Richards link there is a the-same-but-very-slightly-different symbol to indicate a fault (or turned off) which has a cross (an "X") through the air bag circle as part of the icon.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Actually the lights (as opposed to the key activated glove box switch) are discussed on page 67. They use the term "activated" to mean on and healthy.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. My printed manual has different wording, interestingly.

It's good to know that other's lights are on though!

From the manual link above it says that if the light is on, the the passenger airbag is activated and a baby seat shouldn't be present. My manual is definitely different!

I'm happy with this.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Richard, it doesn't say anything about that in the manual.
Can anyone confirm that their light stays illuminated amber whilst driving?
Yes mine is on all the time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts