Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've not been able to find a solid answer for this after searching but apologies if that has been answered before.

I've just ordered a base model GTE and want to know if the headlight cluster LED running lights are standard? All models get the lower C shaped E-Golf style lights but I'm concerned with the ones within the headlights.
E.g. https://i.ytimg.com/vi/jkV_1-0ZsRU/maxresdefault.jpg
I know the new 7.5 facelift gets LED headlights as standard but some photos show the running lights and others not...

There is no option to upgrade the DRL's but there is 'LED headlights with dynamic curve lighting' option that some posts seem to suggest is required to get the DRL's.

Does anyone have a better idea? Thanks.

·
Registered
997 Posts
It is covered in this thread: GTE front headlights 'inner L' not working

In essence, you won't get the 'inner L' working on any GTE unless you specify the dynamic curve lighting as you suggest. Standard on GTI, GTD and R though as they don't have the spoiler 'C' lights...

Also, they won't be DRLs even if you specify this unless you manually switch on sidelights I think.

Finally, and for what it's worth, I increasingly don't mind just the outer L working now that I've had mine for a few months. Looks pretty symmetrical at night with the C lights, although on balance would have liked both Ls working if I had a choice!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's
It is covered in this thread: GTE front headlights 'inner L' not working
In essence, you won't get the 'inner L' working on any GTE unless you specify the dynamic curve lighting as you suggest. Standard on GTI, GTD and R though as they don't have the spoiler 'C' lights...
Also, they won't be DRLs even if you specify this unless you manually switch on sidelights I think.
Finally, and for what it's worth, I increasingly don't mind just the outer L working now that I've had mine for a few months. Looks pretty symmetrical at night with the C lights, although on balance would have liked both Ls working if I had a choice!
Thank you Jesper, big help!

That's disappointing... The dealer told me on the phone the 'curve lighting' does nothing but add the cornering feature but clearly it is needed to get that inner blade lit up. At least one of them lights up! just the lower C lights looks a bit goofy to me.
Not sure I can justify £310 to satisfy my OCD but to me the front of the car is a big deal.

Shame there was no conclusion on enabling it with VCDS, the hardware all looks to be there. So fingers crossed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts