Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

My Outlander PHEV lease runs out in mid November and we've decided that an e-Niro is the obvious replacement. I really need the larger 64kWh battery, but I'm not particularly fussed about the higher spec cars so the '3' is the one I want. Completely unfussed about colour. Preferably four years, 10,000 miles pa.

However - everyone else seems to have come to the same conclusion! Does anyone know of a lease company with 3 spec e-Niros in stock? Or have I left this way too late, and I'm going to have to pay the premium for a 4?

And if so - is there anything better than out there than GB Vehicle Leasing, who are offering a 4 at £384 on a 1+47 basis?

Cheers
Jamie

·
Registered
E-Niro 64kWh '4' since 22/9/20 (was Prius)
270 Posts
There are no model 3 E niro until first deliveries come in November (AFAIK).
The existing models in UK are FE 2019 (first edition) and the '4' which is the present 2020 model. There are some model 4 E Niro’s due to dock in September and if you order now can probably still get. After they’ve all gone no more of this years model. The '3' comes without the all important heat pump. Are you really sure you want one of those?
Peter

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah. I think I've been mislead, then - I'd been told that the 2, 3 and 4 spec cars were the MY2020 range, and in MY2021 it changes to 2, 3 and 4+.

So any lease company claiming to have 3 spec 'arriving soon' is probably bending the truth a little..?

·
Registered
270 Posts
AFAIK yes. The 2, 3 and 4+ are all new 2021 MY cars none of these in UK yet.
4 is 2020 MY
FE is 2019 MY

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks - that's really helpful. And the MY2020 4 comes with the heat pump?

What do the MY2021 2 and 3 do for heating - just resistive?

·
Registered
270 Posts
MY2019 FE does have the heat pump.
MY2020 4 does have the heat pump.
MY2021 4+ does have the heat pump, (and several additional features inc sunroof and driver seat position memories)
MY2021 3 does not have heat pump. (Presumably it must use resistive heating, so less efficient).
MY2021 2 Has much smaller capacity traction battery/range and smaller power main motor. I’m not sure about the heat pump though. I assume it will all be defined on the Kia website though.

All this is from memory but I think is correct. No doubt someone will correct me if I’m wrong.

Peter

·
Registered
236 Posts
Just for clarity I was referring fact that of the MY21 cars only the 4+ had a heat pump

·
Registered
270 Posts
Don’t know about literally in stock. you could look on Autotrader I suppose? However, if you visit any Kia dealership they will likely tell you of some availability for the forthcoming inbound ships in September. Isn’t that quick enough? I’m assuming there are still some cars docking which are not yet sold. Especially if you’re not fussed about which colour. As of a week ago, the choices were Black, White, Graphite Grey and Gravity Blue (very dark blue). I went for the latter as lesser of the evils. Mine is due in 3 weeks from today. I’m counting the days!

Peter

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes - by 'in stock' I guess meant 'deliverable by mid November'. Just looking to see what I can get reserved...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Other option is a Soul EV.
Looks and boot will be the two issues you need to be happy with.
I went from an Outlander PHEV to Soul EV and delighted but a second car!
There are certainly more around as their arrival neatly coincided with covid so a few cancellations methinks.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Thanks, all. This has been very helpful. Now on the hunt for an in-stock MY2020 4 spec...
Very few dealers have in-stock due to demand, but you may be able to get some of the Sept delivery ones if you act quickly with some calls. A friend has one coming in 2 weeks from doing exactly that.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cheers, both. I'd narrowed it down to the Soul or Niro - I really need the range and the boot space. Having tried both the Soul and the Niro, I reckon I need the extra boot room of the Niro. What I'd really like is an Outlander EV; I remain a bit surprised that they've not yet taken that body shell, and filled the petrol tank and engine spaces with batteries, and produced a full EV from it.

Will continue to hassle lease companies to see who can get me something booked for November - it sounds like it should be possible. Is it a shipment of MY2020 4s, or MY2021 4+s? Think I'd prefer the former - I don't like sunroofs!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Good point. I bought one of the first Outlander PHEVs off the boat in 2014 and finally flogged it in June to a friend. Having been effectively five years ahead of the game, I was pretty disappointed that Mitsubishi didn't seriously upgrade it. The model they sell now is basically my 2014 one with minor tweaks. I would have happily kept it if the Congestion Charge rules were not changing as it did everything I wanted and more. If they had put the Kia battery in it (200 mile range?) I would buy it tomorrow.
I now here that they are pulling out of Europe!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Got it - thanks.

Kia themselves have just quoted me £537 for a 9+35 contract on a MY2020 4 spec?! They don't seem to understand why I'm not taking them up on it..

·
Registered
247 Posts
Cheers, both. I'd narrowed it down to the Soul or Niro - I really need the range and the boot space. Having tried both the Soul and the Niro, I reckon I need the extra boot room of the Niro. What I'd really like is an Outlander EV; I remain a bit surprised that they've not yet taken that body shell, and filled the petrol tank and engine spaces with batteries, and produced a full EV from it.

Will continue to hassle lease companies to see who can get me something booked for November - it sounds like it should be possible. Is it a shipment of MY2020 4s, or MY2021 4+s? Think I'd prefer the former - I don't like sunroofs!
With Mitsubishi pulling out of Europe now, I doubt you seriously meant that you would buy one if the had an EV version.

From postings elsewhere, there definitely appear to be MY20's available. You just need to call good large possibly Kia only dealerships. People have got them in about 2+ weeks (which was basically time to get a delivery scheduled from Immingham)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes, I'd have bought an Outlander EV if one existed! Mitsubishi not bringing new cars to Europe probably won't have much effect on the supply of parts (not that you'd expect a new EV to need parts for a while) and the dealer networks will still be there, desperately rebranding with new marques. I had an MGF when MGRover collapsed, and never had a problem with parts or service.

It's a moot point, though, because the Outlander EV doesn't exist. Looks like they are focusing on a 7 seat PHEV, instead of a 5 seat EV. A mistake, I think.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts