Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
28,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any discounted rates coming through on leasing?

·
Live by the sword. Don't intend to die by it.
809 Posts
Are there any discounted rates coming through on leasing?
Depends - what on? There were some decent prices on the 40kWh Leaf Accenta, but they're not as good as they were a week ago. Keep an eye on leaseloco.com and leasing.com, both of which have tools to let you filter by mileage, term, etc... and give an approximate value rating for any given deal.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Whatever prices you’re seeing on leasing.com etc, they mean nothing.

No one’s building anything. There’s a huge backlog of cars in various states of build and delivery and stuff sitting at ports going nowhere probably for months.

Then there’s the question of which of the manufacturers and main dealers your brokers put your order through haven’t gone bust....which is why I pulled back all but a couple of hundred quid of the deposit on the EV my wife was due to take delivery of next week.

Oh, and there’s also the other matter of probably the deepest recession any of us have lived through just around the corner.

I’d hold fire if I were you. Anyone taking money for factory orders knows their prices and delivery times are nonsense.

·
Registered
Hyundai Ioniq 28
117 Posts
My guess is that lease rates will go up.

Although the BoE base rate has come down, I think lenders will be increasing the APR’s due to the insecurity of people being able to pay their debts back...

·
Registered
397 Posts
My guess is that lease rates will go up.

Although the BoE base rate has come down, I think lenders will be increasing the APR’s due to the insecurity of people being able to pay their debts back...
More like the other way in my opinion.

Huge recession building and that and living/working differently will change many people’s priorities and perspectives.

Head of the AA, Edmund King said this week they reckon many people will have adapted to home working and far less will commute or travel with work.

They’re advising the government to invest in broadband rather than roads.
That’s a sea change in position for that organisation.

This thing has changed us forever. All bets are off.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Head of the AA, Edmund King said this week they reckon many people will have adapted to home working and far less will commute or travel with work.
Which is a good thing for climate change, pollution, and congestion.

They’re advising the government to invest in broadband rather than roads.
That’s a sea change in position for that organisation.
But I thought everyone laughed at Labour wanting to invest heavily in broadband a few months ago? Oh how things change.

·
Registered
410 Posts
But I thought everyone laughed at Labour wanting to invest heavily in broadband a few months ago? Oh how things change.
Think that was more "nationalising" it, and have Gov.uk as an ISP. Clearly there needs to be broadband as a utility, rather than an option, especially those that can least afford it. Weird thing is water is much more important and that costs more than a lot of broadband types, so making water free and letting people pay for broadband would have been a more obvious choice as the network already exists.

However let's bit get off topic! :)

·
Live by the sword. Don't intend to die by it.
809 Posts
I wouldn't expect amazing deals at the moment. New car sales are down, but factories are also temporarily closed. The industry is also resisting the urge to liquidate stock.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
... and the NHS. The nasty party were promising what sounded like large numbers, which turned out to be lower year-on-year than under the last labour government. When they said that the NHS would be safe under them, I never did find out what they meant by 'safe'. Safe from having proper funding maybe?

I wonder if all that will change now?

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
I wonder if all that will change now?
It will be the only game in town. Labour are an absolute shoe in given that, and the facts that the economy will be banjaxed, even the Tories will have abandoned fiscal prudence, anything that people disliked about the way the crisis was handled will be attached to the Tories regardless of whether the Labour party supported it at the time, and Keir Starmer doesn't scare the middle class like Jeremy Corbyn. All Labour need to do is stop Jeremy pointing out that he was right! ;)

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
28,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
But being a Sir may not endear the, er, others(?) :unsure:
Based on the communications I had with him when he was head of CPS, he appeared to show, let's say, a preponderance for stretching reality.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Am I being obtuse here, but why is the 10,000 mile a year offer cheaper than 8 and 5K, or is it a typo somewhere?..
It’s all one big typo. All the deals on the net were pre national emergency measures. The Zoe deals are all funded by Renault through a main dealer. All the main dealers are shut.
Any broker taking orders at the mo can’t do anything other than sit on the money.
Put simply, in practical terms those deals don’t exist.

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
he appeared to show, let's say, a preponderance for stretching reality.
Sounds an ideal qualification for a Politician - say anything to get elected and worry whether it's deliverable if you get elected. After 5 years he'll have a substantial pension and external earning opportunities.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Sounds an ideal qualification for a Politician - say anything to get elected and worry whether it's deliverable if you get elected. After 5 years he'll have a substantial pension and external earning opportunities.
I hardly think Keir Starmer needs to take this route to secure his financial future.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts