Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am starting to get annoyed that Octopus won't even tell me when they might even open a waiting list for meter installation, there are rumors of a six figure waiting list. Who can I swap to that can actually give me an installation date? Both OVO and Octopus seem to be maxed out and won't even guesstimate a wait period.

·
Registered
29 Posts
did Octopus give you the link for checking for cancellations? I've been hounding them, managed to get a installation booked for the 19th November using the link, its the first one that came up, though they said 6-8 weeks a couple of weeks ago for an install, if that was true then its not saved me much time :(

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that. I got a complete blank from them. I'll ask about cancellations.

·
Registered
29 Posts
yeah they have been pretty poor at responding to emails with me, i had to get quite "strong worded" ;) with them to get a response, i noticed on a recent twitter post where they were big'ing themselves up for phone responses during Covid, they got hammered for general poor customer service lol

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Clearly depends on area. I switched to octopus in august, they had a smart meter slot in September for me. Unfortunately they didnt install gas meter, as they didnt bring a dual band comms unit, so they are revisiting on the 12th Oct to sort that out.

·
Registered
ONTO/Evezy £50 Code: CADA7
1,169 Posts
I Switched to ESB Energy not too long ago. Just over 2 weeks after I had started with them they replaced my old 1st gen. smart meter fitted by E.On with a new SMETS2 One, installed on their behalf by Siemens.

I Know a few people on here say the IHD They installed for me (Chameleon IHD3) is quite a basic one compared to other companies but it does the job.

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro 4 MY20
310 Posts
I think it depends where you are in the country. At first request I got an install date within two months, so that's happening early November. They have said it might not actually work, as apparently the Arqiva LRR network is pants in this area.... we'll have to see. Might be a huge waste of time.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
I think it depends where you are in the country. At first request I got an install date within two months, so that's happening early November. They have said it might not actually work, as apparently the Arqiva LRR network is pants in this area.... we'll have to see. Might be a huge waste of time.
There are different technologies being used North and South and in the South variations too. So installation delays will be area specific.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have had a tariff with EON. When I requested, they fitted me a SMETS2 smart meter in less than 2 weeks of me asking.
Install went very smooth, turned up on time, tidy work, set up display and showed me how it works. They told me that EON is now only installing SMETS2 which is great as compatible with all suppliers that operate smart meter tariffs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts