Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
29,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are these guys quite and looking for business, offering discounts yet?

Any good deals for home fitment?

·
Registered
4,941 Posts
You have a very pre-Keynesian view of economics. Currently the larger players are shut down and only doing home visits for emergencies, and the newly self-employed tradesmen are rushed off their feet. A friend who doesn't get involved with the OLEV grant is booked up for months ahead and is not having to stimulate the market with anything so shabby as discounts.

·
29,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You have a very pre-Keynesian view of economics.
Why, thank you!? :sneaky:

Currently the larger players are shut down and only doing home visits for emergencies, and the newly self-employed tradesmen are rushed off their feet. A friend who doesn't get involved with the OLEV grant is booked up for months ahead and is not having to stimulate the market with anything so shabby as discounts.
OK, well if that's the case, then that's the answer ....

·
29,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a spare charge point or two. The issue is running a 32A line from the house to the garage. It is a new build I am renting and why oh why do the dumb-arses fit a regular diddy cable these days?

It is probably 4mm2 and I am wondering perhaps I might just push it, but it's been fitted as a 20A circuit and don't really feel positioned to be trying that at 30A.

If not a new cable, I was going to 'temporarily' whip the 3 pin double socket off and run it at 20A through a 32A blue I have, and put the 3 pin back when I leave.

·
29,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
16 amps should be enough for daily use, shouldn’t it?
Yeah, I am getting by on 10A 3 pin, especially at the moment, I have changed my mileage patterns. Requires me to nibble away at the lowest rates for a few hours each day, which is a bit of a pain sometimes.

Be better just to suck in 7kW during a price plunge, can't really make as much use of them otherwise.

Also there is the efficiency thing too. Even on the Soul, charging with 3-pin seems to waste at least an extra 5%, poss 10%, over a 7kW charge rate.

That's why I was asking you about slow-rate Zoe charging.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts