Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered an ID4 in July from a VW dealer in West London but can’t get them to commit to a delivery date. The dealer says there is a delivery delay due to chip shortages but a Financial Times article from July 2021 says VW is prioritising EVs over other models and there are no shortages. So who is right?

·
Registered
Audi Q4 40 S line. VW ID4 GTX (on order)
163 Posts
Well I ordered a couple weeks ago and was told 20 weeks was the delivery timeline.

Spoke to several dealers who said the same. Skoda were in the same boat.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I think it depends on what you particularly want. Ordered my ID4 on BH Monday and collect tomorrow. ID4 Pro Life Blue Dusk Metallic with Alloys. Pretty much was given a choice by the dealers of what was available, and went for the cheapest.

I got offered more than what I paid for my current car in trade, and as we love the Wife's ID3 so much, I've opted for the bigger brother for myself.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I think it depends on what you particularly want. Ordered my ID4 on BH Monday and collect tomorrow. ID4 Pro Life Blue Dusk Metallic with Alloys. Pretty much was given a choice by the dealers of what was available, and went for the cheapest.

I got offered more than what I paid for my current car in trade, and as we love the Wife's ID3 so much, I've opted for the bigger brother for myself.
So... maybe spoke a little too soon. I've got the car, but it's not the current Life spec (i.e. no reverse camera). It was built on 21st July 2021, so hasn't been sitting in a compound somewhere.

·
Registered
45 Posts
So... maybe spoke a little too soon. I've got the car, but it's not the current Life spec (i.e. no reverse camera). It was built on 21st July 2021, so hasn't been sitting in a compound somewhere.
When did you order your ID 4 Life? From the VW price list I've seen which is June 2021, the Life model have reversing camera as standard. VW did release a City trim model in May 2021 which didn't have the camera. But this trim was discontinued in June 2021.

·
Registered
16 Posts
When did you order your ID 4 Life? From the VW price list I've seen which is June 2021, the Life model have reversing camera as standard. VW did release a City trim model in May 2021 which didn't have the camera. But this trim was discontinued in June 2021.
Ordered it Bank Holiday Monday (31st August). I basically said I'll have whatever you can get hold of and this was in transit. Not massively bothered. I know how to reverse and hardly ever used the camera in my last car as always forgot I had it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts