Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
30KW Tekna (2017)
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering as looking at the new post forum it’s all about kia, hyuandi and ZOE!!!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Beware the quiet man. For while others speak, he watches. And while others act, he plans. And when they finally rest…he strikes. - Anonymous

·
Registered
340 Posts
At the moment it feels like Nissan have lost the plot a little bit and have been resting on laurels. Ironic given the good head start they had was down to a vehicle called the Leaf.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I reckon they need to push out a seriously deep facelift very very soon on the Leaf and they'll need some sporting discounting too to keep it current.

Not that I care because I can't see me buying another car for the next 10 years. A campervan maybe. But not a car.

·
Registered
30KW Tekna (2017)
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In the Same I’ll be keeping leafy mores for 10 years, and like you I want a camper van. Been looking at some nice Roma homes on auto trailer!!!

·
Super Moderator
7,529 Posts
At the moment it feels like Nissan have lost the plot a little bit and have been resting on laurels. Ironic given the good head start they had was down to a vehicle called the Leaf.
Yes the B0 platform the Leaf is on needs revision. I think they said all along the NEW leaf would be about 2022. Hopefully that will have thermally managed batteries and improved efficiency, and packaging. Also, the sooner the Qashqai EV comes out the better.

I believe they still have some obligations with AESC for battery modules, once they've worked through those (and stopped losing money) they will be freer to use larger and better batteries.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Doesn't help that the dealers probably drive people away. I certainly won't be buying another Nissan. They're just incredibly lucky that Toyota don't make full electric cars.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Unfortunately for Nissan the Leaf is seen as Carlos Ghosn's baby and his name is now unmentionable there. So it will probably be left to wither and die. Hopefully they will come up with something fresh and more up to date to replace it with.

·
Registered
Leaf 30kWh, Outlander PHEV
2,396 Posts
Nissan I think are hoping to announced the battery CUV this week

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
NISSAN LEAF 62Kwh
725 Posts
The NISSAN ARIYA has its reveal on 15th July (2 Days time) - I am waiting with anticipation to see if has battery cooling.

The LEAF 62Kwh is managing quite well without it, credit to the chemistry and new battery layout - no battery cooling system maintain as the car gets older.

When the ARIYA gets established, I think that will the death knell for the LEAF.

·
Registered
30KW Tekna (2017)
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes I was just thinking it would be years before they filter down into the used market at an affordable price!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts