Ariya 87KW Evolve.
Nissan service message - you have to OK it every time. Same as the Leaf, complained about by many, but that’s the way it is, not faulty!We have the remote climate control /alarm issue. It doesn’t happen every time but enough that I have stopped using it - don’t think the neighbours deserve to hear that every other morning.
We have an 87kwh Evolve and I have a list of issues (mostly annoyances) with the car:
Nissan Services Message: My number 1 issue is probably the least important but easily the most annoying. When you turn the car on, a message appears on the infotainment screen warning you that data will be sent to Nissan and you have to accept or reject. This appears every single time the car is switched on and there is no way to say ok never ask me again. It is my car, I know you are sending data to Nissan, I was fine with it the first time - you do not need to ask me every time!
Traffic Sign Recognition: is bad. Apparently I was on an urban road with an 80MPH speed limit 2 days ago.
Maps: are bad. I don’t tend to use the in-built nav system but often have the map view on the drivers display - whole areas are missing near us and these aren’t new estates but old villages.
ACC: If you are on a motorway and the lane assist works then it is a dream. For every other scenario it is a frustrating mess.
We had an ID3 before the Aryia and its automated driving systems were much more natural. It wasn’t an all or nothing type situation, you could enable some of the systems once and then let it do its thing. For example, it knew when we were approaching a roundabout and automatically braked - this happened without having to invoke the ACC every time. With the Aryia, if you don’t hit that button and then pull down on the switch it will do nothing. A much more conservative approach that irritates me. It is also supposed to automatically change speed when it sees a speed limit change - it does that maybe 20% of the time, the other 80% it will prompt me to adjust it - I have no idea what the criteria for those decisions are.
The Manual: Oh the manual - possibly the worst one I have ever read. More than half of it consists of warnings about why the various systems shouldn’t be used in certain ways. Trying to find actual information you need is like looking for a needle in a haystack
There are probably others that I have forgotten but those are the issues bugging me this week.
After all that complaining - I actually like the car. The range is good and its very comfortable to drive in. Basically, thumbs up for the hardware, thumbs down for the software (and the manual).
EDIT: I have also had the auto parking brake failing to engage. I thought it might be something to do with the amount of pressure I was placing on the brake pedal at the time 🤷♂️