Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Leaf owners... I test drove a leaf last week and one of the things I found odd was the arm rest.

I couldn’t work out any way to slide the top of the arm rest forward so it would actually be under my arm... Was I missing something or is it just badly designed?

·
Registered
Hyundai Ioniq 38kW EV
108 Posts
Nope, it doesn't move... You will find that it is designed so that there is move support on the drivers side then the passengers side...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Sorry to hijack a post but I'm trying to find the little rubber bits that sit under the armrest
Mine are badly squashed and the armrest makes a clicking noise as it touches the plastic below it
Seems to sit above it by a few millimetres but one your arm touches it "click" not a problem in the grand scheme of things but I'd like to find the little rubber lumps below it to replace of if anyone has a fix if it's normal with others I'm all ears

·
Registered
NISSAN LEAF 62Kwh
716 Posts
Just had a quick look to get an idea of the rubber grommets that you mention, looks like they are put in with a special tool. Even if you could get replacements, I think it would be a struggle to insert them through the very small hole / opening.

What I would do is pull the squashed grommets out with pliers and get some black silicone sealant and put a blob into the recess where the grommet previously sat. Leave the arm rest open over night while the sealant curers, if necessary very carefully trim the dried sealant back with a sharp blade to get the optimum closing bite.

Put some masking tape around the recess first and tear it away as soon the sealant is inserted to leave a nice finish.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thanks Dave I cant find the little bungs as a separate item but I might have found something that will act as a good replacement
Just need to do a little measuring to be sure
I'll post my results and any links once I've got the sizes

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Try a little blob or two of clear silicone sealant.
Apply, leave the rest up over night or weekend and job done.

·
Registered
60 Posts
All sorted 😀
I was as usual over thinking things
Trying to get the right bits or something similar to fit in the holes to replace the little soft rubber stops that have gone flat and very squishy
On explaining what I was looking for to my wife she got up walked to a drawer and handed me a little poly bag that I'd bought myself 6 months ago
So simple and worked perfectly 👍
Little silicone sticky backed pads I bought for the kitchen cupboards as one of them was banging closed and not stopping softly like they used to 🥴
So simple and took her all of about 10 seconds to think of and hand to me 🥴
So all fixed
If anyone else has the same issue try these
IMG_20200525_051153.jpg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts