Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it’s confirmed, Tesla are looking to design and build their next small car in China.

Now they are looking for designs from people who are not professionals in the industry:

Now get those crayons and tongues out and start sketching your designs!

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
A small to mid-sized estate please! Astra or Ceed size. 0-60 4 seconds, 250 mile range. And stuff that actually works properly!
All for £25k
Should be easy.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
They've already done it and available for only $600 !

·
Registered
471 Posts
Ah I do love being an armchair expert (rolling up my sleeves).

Actually there are plenty of smaller electric cars that are already pretty good - Renault Zoe, Kia Niro, Hyundai Kona etc.. These would be a good starting point but with access to Tesla technology including self-driving and, if the rumours turn out to be true, batteries. I think the C-class size (Volkswagen Golf, Ford Focus etc.) is under-catered for. So I'd want something slightly bigger than the Zoe with plenty of luggage carrying capability.

Oh, and all done for a very low price!

·
Registered
683 Posts
Tesla really should focus on getting out a EV van.... Ford Transit sized....... and then sell to the likes of Amazon, UPS etc.

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
27,711 Posts
So it’s confirmed, Tesla are looking to design and build their next small car in China.

Now they are looking for designs from people who are not professionals in the industry:

Now get those crayons and tongues out and start sketching your designs!
Like this, please;-

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Well, Victoria Beckham did such a great job on the Evoque. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Something like an electric smart roadster would be amazing. I'd expect if Tesla make a small car it would be 'Smart Roadster' rather than 'Smart car'.

Their problem with making all their cars cool though is that they eat their own sales, so I suspect a 2 seater cheap car might keep the M3 sales going.

Making a small 5 seater car would be a bad move.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts