Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Hope everyone is well! :)

My first thread, unfortunately not a pleasant one, and i'm looking to see if anyone else has had to get their Zoe's AC regassed?

My car is still with the Bishopbriggs branch, has been since Monday morning (23rd Jan).

I bought the car from the Irvine branch a week on Saturday ago (15th Jan). and i immediately noticed the heating was not working. Read up online, discovering the most likely cause to be no AC gas, and called to have Arnold Clark take care of it. Heavily booked at the Bishopbriggs branch and so couldnt be seen until Monday.

They've taken this long to regas and discover a small leak. They've managed to patch it. They've only now informed me they cant test it again until tomorrow.

So 4 days to do all this, maybe more! Is this normal?
Has anyone had an AC leak too and if so, how long did it take to fix?

Losing my faith in Arnold Clark here!

Would love to know your experiences too. :)

Cheers!
Grant

The best there is at what I do
To re-gas an AC system can take a few hours, it is all automated and involves quite a few different stages had one of my cars done a few months ago and it took most of the afternoon just to re-gas.

Registered
There is only 1 tech at Bishopbriggs and I was often told I was behind a queue of Zoe's. Next door (at Kwik Fit) they do an AC Regas instantly for 拢35 - or a 拢19 Groupon for a garage behind the Royal. Sadly, AC have only 2 E`V dealerships for Renault, the other one is in Inverness!

Registered
The problem is having to stick with AC for any sales backup - other dealerships will clearly have their own techs, but the most amazing thing, is AC who are everywhere in Scotland, only have two Z.E. dealerships and they are 180 miles apart!

Registered
Because they sold you it, and if you go elsewhere any other dealership would want paid, would seem to be a good reason!

Registered
It is a warrant issue which can be addressed by any official dealer.
In the worst case call ZE assist and ask them to pick up the car as it's not safe to drive without heating in the winter. They will provide a courtesy car.
I did that last year. Renault are pretty good that way.

had an R240, got an R90, might get a ZE50
The air con is more complicated than other cars.
An ICE has one mode, cooling.
Zoe has cabin cooling, cabin heating, and battery cooling. The Z40 (not yours) will also have battery heating, which may be done by the air con.
The different modes are controlled by actuated valves.
I'm not sure if this affects the fill process, I expect it will.

It's all computer controlled, and my R240 heating seems to fail at times when I fiddle with the fan setting.
I just leave it in auto and adjust the temperature.

Hope yours gets fixed OK.

Co-author of CanZE. Q210 nov 2013
@BogieMan that is entirely true and add to that defrosting of the main radiator when it's in heating mode. However, gassing is gassing and it is as @richtrash said, a fully automated process (though I never seen it takes hours, more like one hour). The access valve is VERY accessible in the ZOE and AFAIK testing is hooking up CLIP and pressing a few buttons.

Other than that, queue @Sandy about AC in 3......2.......1...... :p

Registered
Because they sold you it, and if you go elsewhere any other dealership would want paid, would seem to be a good reason!
I bought my ex demo from AC Bishopbriggs but though they were good enough ship it to AC Dundee I still chose to go to Mackies Brechin for repairs /service, I have had a brake warranty repair done without cost.

Zoe Devotee
Take it to Parks motors, they are good. AC should never be used ever.

Zoe Devotee
Minus 4 where I'm working today. Forgot the pre-clear my windscreen.

Got in car and pressed max demist and windscreen clear in about 1 minute.

Car in normal mode (no eco for me thanks), AC auto at 19 degrees, I was very warm, had to open my coat before trip began.

Registered
Discussion Starter #17
Thank for the replies everyone, very useful stuff! I'm supposed to be getting it back today, we'll see! I think i'll do things differently next time :)

Registered
Discussion Starter #18
There is only 1 tech at Bishopbriggs and I was often told I was behind a queue of Zoe's. Next door (at Kwik Fit) they do an AC Regas instantly for 拢35 - or a 拢19 Groupon for a garage behind the Royal. Sadly, AC have only 2 E`V dealerships for Renault, the other one is in Inverness!
Yep that seems pretty poor on AC's side. Especially if we're all queued up like that. I notice there's a Renault AC dealership in Bearsden, i take it there's not an EV technician there!

Registered
i went to bearsden to see about buying a zoe...they told me the hillington or bishopbriggs branches had the car

wonder if hillington brach does the servicing
Hillington opened as an Z.E. centre, and even got 2 sets of charging posts (always ICEd) then they realised the Z.E. tech wasn't coming over from Pollokshields as planned - he went to Bishopbriggs. If it is electrical work, Hillington won't touch it and send you to Briggs.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts